Does anyone ever feel like they live outside of the matrix?

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
I'm not sure if the culture you see today is this massive drop in values you make it out to be. I'm a product of Gen-Y, and when I was 11 one of my favorite songs was 'Money, Cash, Hoes'...I would listen to that until it was time to turn on the TV where Degeneration X taught me to tell people 'Suck it'. Meanwhile, my pants were hanging off my ass and when Chris Rock said there's a difference between blacks and nikkas, it instantly because a common ideology as soon as he said it because our culture took our beliefs from entertainment.

We're all in the matrix. We just have different roles within it. I can't be so sure 50 Cent is an example of 'the good ol days' over Drake. Sure, we all have our subjective musical and fashion tastes, but objectively, I don't see a difference.

At the end of the day, once you hit a certain year in your 20's (the year itself differs by the individual), you truthfully begin to realize how silly it all is, but it wasn't any less silly when you didn't know better.

Daps
Reppin
Twin Cities
the speed at which technology is advancing and is being incorporated into our lives, enables us to be able to see and notice the changes happen before our very own eyes.

we are very connected and dependent on technology so we haven't much choice but to be involved. at the same time, we are human, so if we are paying attention, we can recognize that change is happening quicker (becoming aware of the rate of the updates).

we can use it to our advantage to help us become more alert, but when we are using it we are risking losing that which allowed us to notice these rapid changes in the first place (our humanity).