Doctor Sleep aka The Shining 2 thread (Ewan McGregor to star)

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
It’s a shame this movie is underperforming at the box office for its opening weekend. Warner Bros got a major W with Joker but may take an L financially with this. I think they may have started marketing this too late with It & Joker coming out right before.
It’s a crime if this film doesn’t do well financially. It’s the best movie I’ve seen in recent years. I know we have an overarching Kingverse with Dark Tower but this movie makes me want a Shining-verse.

I’m wondering now how many King characters have some aspect of the Shining especially with the power expansion shown in this movie. It went from low-level telepathy in the 1st movie to full on X-Men in Dr. Sleep. A lot of characters could have it. Carrie has TK, little girl and her parents from Firestarter were telepaths and pytokinetics (even though it was the result of govt experiments). The black woman from the Stand has TP. That’s just off the top of my head.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It’s a shame this movie is underperforming at the box office for its opening weekend. Warner Bros got a major W with Joker but may take an L financially with this. I think they may have started marketing this too late with It & Joker coming out right before.
I think they fukked up by not releasing it the week before Halloween or on the Wednesday before Halloween.

BeachBum Unreal

SD Born & Raised: 760, 619
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I think they fukked up by not releasing it the week before Halloween or on the Wednesday before Halloween.
Yeah probably but I think they wanted Joker & It Chapter Two to run October (which was smart, it worked with Joker). They also didn’t promote this at Comic Con or ScareDiego. It was almost like they just relied on the trailer before Joker & backloaded the promo. But at the end of the day the HUGE win with the Joker will override this and It underperforming.

BeachBum Unreal

SD Born & Raised: 760, 619
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It’s a crime if this film doesn’t do well financially. It’s the best movie I’ve seen in recent years. I know we have an overarching Kingverse with Dark Tower but this movie makes me want a Shining-verse

I’m wondering now how many King characters have some aspect of the Shining especially with the power expansion shown in this movie. It went from low-level telepathy in the 1st movie to full on X-Men in Dr. Sleep. A lot of characters could have it. Carrie has TK, little girl and her parents from Firestarter were telepaths and pytokinetics (even though it was the result of govt experiments). The black woman from the Stand has TP. That’s just off the top of my head.

Yeah you’re right, I hope they would do an expansive universe with this. Just from this movie alone the potential crazy.

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
Yeah you’re right, I hope they would do an expansive universe with this. Just from this movie alone the potential crazy.
Breh this movie could spin off so much stuff for a tight-knit connected universe based just off of the recently released King movies alone. It could easily be looped in based off of what we’ve seen already.

Dr. Sleep laid groundwork when the villains talked about the effects of youth and experiencing terror on ones life force. This adds another subtle aspect to why IT goes after children.

Also, I’m wondering if the Losers club from IT all have that sliver of the shining mentioned in Sleep that a lot of people unknowingly have and the combining of their shining through their shared traumas and bond is what stops IT (I haven’t seen part 2 yet so this could be totally off).

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
yeah this should've come out in 3/4 months

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Breh this movie could spin off so much stuff for a tight-knit connected universe based just off of the recently released King movies alone. It could easily be looped in based off of what we’ve seen already.

Dr. Sleep laid groundwork when the villains talked about the effects of youth and experiencing terror on ones life force. This adds another subtle aspect to why IT goes after children.

Also, I’m wondering if the Losers club from IT all have that sliver of the shining mentioned in Sleep that a lot of people unknowingly have and the combining of their shining through their shared traumas and bond is what stops IT (I haven’t seen part 2 yet so this could be totally off).
rebooting Dark Tower with Dr. Sleep and Pennywise would be printing money :patrice: