Doctor Sleep aka The Shining 2 thread (Ewan McGregor to star)

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
shyt was super dope! Awesome movie. 10/10 must see for me.

Mike did his thing as usual and the little black girl "should" be the next child star.

I cant wait for Mikes nx entry cause he likes to use some of the same actors over and over again and they always deliver

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Bottom line:u
Must see now or wait for it to stream?
must see. I had the day off so I just got back from an 11:45 showing. told a random white guy 2 seats away from me it was the best movie I'd seen in a while he replied with "it was phenomenal" :smugbiden:

dont read unless you've watched the movie
loved the heartbeat choice, very little actual music in this.

the predator vibe was really captured. the scene where they abduct the baseball kid and torture him while eating and abra watching was captivating.

danny and abra are really powerful so the group didn't realize they'd kicked a hornets nest coming after them and I loved it. Abra especially not being afraid and seeking them out almost immediately. the group was coming for abra out of desperation to have a really good meal so the cat and mouse aspect doesn't take form and I liked that a lot.

the astral projecting, mind traps and the different variety of powers were all conceptualized really well also

and abra/danny having a :ufdup::youngsabo: attitude the whole time was really satisfying to watch. after everyone else got killed and the leader appeared before abra trying to intimidate her all she did in response was smirk and walk right through her:banderas:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Holy shyt. I can't believe they made a Stephen King movie better than the book. That's only happened like once (The Shawshank Redemption).

Mike Flanagan really performed magic in the third act (where the book fell apart). He took the strongest parts of the book, and brought them to life in a really enthralling way, and tied up all of the goofy loose ends and characters that didn't work in the novel. It wasn't a horror per se, but there were some creepy moments and I think they packed a lot in without it feeling long. Great pacing. My only complaint is the same complaint I had with the book - the villains are weak AF. Rose the Hat and her posses are such a joke. Other than Rose and the Pusher, what powers did they have? But besides that, I really enjoyed Danny's character development, especially
the bar scene where he's talking to his dad at the Overlook. I also thought it was cool how they showed Abra tricking Rose to get in her head. That whole scene was fun.
Ewan McGregor and Kyliegh Curran really did a great job of playing off of each other and the Carl Lumbly did a great dikk Halloran. You would have thought he was related to Scatman.

Maybe I enjoyed this so much because my expectations were so low, but this was a pleasant surprise. And I honestly think it's very different than any other movie we've seen about telekinetic ability. Great characters (other than the flat one note villains), cool plot, and nice directing. The parallel callbacks to the Shining, like the zoom into the lake with the score were really well done.

9 out of 10 for me.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Man, Mike is great at building suspense.

Where I had chills/goosebumps. Eyes watered a few times (for no reason I was even aware of) And times were I was on the edge of my seat. shyt was crazy.

Not sure if yall are aware, but Mike is King are already talking about the next project.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Great movie
The girl is a star
Seems like they may be setting this up to be a franchise like The Conjuring movies
Surprised they didn't try to cgi Jack Nicholson's face and the other og characters with all the tricks they pulling in Hollywood now although dude from Mantis was a perfect replacement for Scatman Crothers. Jack's replacement was fine also
If funny that Ewan McGregor will be a Force Ghost Obi Wan to Abra's Luke Skywalker if this turns out to be a franchise:mjlol:
She's got the "bring balance to the Force" storyline ready to go if they go that way

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
Saw it last night. It was a 10:40 showing with a 2 1/2 hr plus run time so I was worried I might fall asleep but movie was Amazing. The pacing was great and the acting was solid as hell. Also, the genre mashing was next level. Movie felt like a mix of The Shining, Dr. Strange and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and knocked it out of the park.

10/10 for me.