Doctor Sleep aka The Shining 2 thread (Ewan McGregor to star)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
just got back from the advanced screening and I never read the books but as a fan of the shining film...this was okay...
the whole shine eater concept thing is kinda :ld:..to me it really didn't fit the whole shining universe...if that makes sense.

as you'd expect the finale takes place in the overlook. The scenes there were cool, they recreated some the classic scenes

Had a couple flashbacks/inserts of the old film too which was nice. But they also had new scenes and the new kid danny doesn't really look like shining danny...neither did the mom

abra was cool, reminded me of my niece.

the homie cliff curtis got a part, and killed it as usual

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Commenting before watching the trailer. Ready to see how they portray Rose the Hat.

Hope this one is closer to IT than Dark Tower as far as quality goes.

Man they really fukked up the Dark Tower.:wow: That is my fav series from King. When i heard Roland was coming to the big screen and Stringer Bell was playing him I was :banderas:

They strayed so hard from the book:mindblown: Totally messed it up:mjcry:

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Man they really fukked up the Dark Tower.:wow: That is my fav series from King. When i heard Roland was coming to the big screen and Stringer Bell was playing him I was :banderas:

They strayed so hard from the book:mindblown: Totally messed it up:mjcry:

That shyt was built so much better for a Game of Thrones-type run on HBO or a Netflix series. I still have hope someone will take on that challenge some day (especially with the success of the IT remake and hopeful success of this film (still haven't seen it).

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
That shyt was built so much better for a Game of Thrones-type run on HBO or a Netflix series. I still have hope someone will take on that challenge some day (especially with the success of the IT remake and hopeful success of this film (still haven't seen it).

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING. Its like the want to hurry and try and cram 3 books of shyt into one movie. Then they completely change the whole focus and put put a pile a crap.

Same thing with Enders Game. Love the books. Could have easily took their time and made that shyt into a 3 film epic. Nah they destroyed a classic:mjcry:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
randomly saw a commercial for it two weeks ago, and bought a ticket for later today. anyone know if the director is going with the film or the book adaptation in terms of callbacks and characters?

never seen the movie, but read the book. saw a clip of jack and his wife interacting on youtube a long time ago and was glad I didn't :picard:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
how close is it to the book?

The tone and villains are very close, Danny as well. It strays a bit because of Kubrik's changes. For example:

In King's Shining Jack Torrance redeems himself by blowing up the Overlook hotel, similar to what Danny does.

I remember them going to the general area but being in the hotel is a movie thing. He reconciles it by still burning it down, which was smart.

The rest is pretty similar from what I remember.