Doctor Sleep aka The Shining 2 thread (Ewan McGregor to star)

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Great movie. I really wish they worked on a Stephen King Universe. A lot of Dark Tower easter eggs in this

-The bus Abra and Danny was riding was called Tet Transit
-LaMerk Industries being the name of factory they buried Bradley
-"Ka is a Wheel"-dikk
-Bradley jersey number being 19
-Dandelo movie poster

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Havent seen the Shining in over 20 yrs, should i see it again before watching this?

I think you should if you have forgotten key parts. I saw this last night, and there were some youngish folks in there, and I feel they wouldn't understand some junk because they haven't seen the Shining.

This movie was great, loved it. That little girl didn't give two shyts about them folks looking for her, and was sonning them at every turn

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
Movie should have just been a standalone with all The Shining references removed. Don't tack this average ass shyt onto an all time classic.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
giphy.gif

This is dope? You know what's gonna happen if I find out it isn't right?

source.gif

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
This movie is flawed but really nails the landing. It was not scary at all but I haven’t read the book so I wasn’t sure if it was a pure horror or not. I feel like this might’ve worked better as a miniseries or TV show. While I appreciated some of the recreated shots to me it just made me realize how truly incredible Kubrick was because I didn’t find a single scene in this to be scary or establish the sense of dread the shining does. There was some horrific imagery at times but this movie was just missing something, the tone just felt slightly off. I can’t even tell you exactly what it was. The steam fiends like weren’t terrifying at all which is strange considering that haunting of hill house was so good in those aspects. Maybe Flanagan should stick to original works where he can be creative and not have to follow king’s stories verbatim

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i loved the first half.

I thought it stumbled a bit in the second with the overlook stuff, but I'm not mad I blind bought it.

I just watched the theatrical first in UHD, will watch the directors cut soon.

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
movie was great and I don't really remember the shining. the fukked up thing is if you study conspiracies this is who they say really run the world and this type of shyt does happen. Just look into adrenochrome

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Man... Watching Shining and Doctor Sleep back to back is hands down one of my favorite cinemark experiences of last year.

Such a great narrative and universe that interwoven 2 movies damn near 20+ years apart

probably gonna do this when it drops. I think I'll appreciate it more. When I watched it the first time I liked it, but wasn't crazy about it.