Do you value clingy women over independent women?

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
girl im with now is going for her phd and workin but shes "clingy" and likes to talk everyday. if i didnt like er i wouldnt want to but ive known er for 8 years and shes one of tha most thoro women i know so i dont mind at all. she been holdin me down for years no questions asked and she still does her own thing

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
clingy vs independant is too black and white an argument..i like some things some things from both piles...extreme clingy like to the point she insecure all the time is very annoying is but the girl whos attractive likes talking to YOU and being with you and texting you alot is cool with some other independant attributes...its all about a good mix of the two....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I mean I don't disagree in theory, I'd never be with someone who doesn't respect my job or hobbies or relationships with my friends, which is why I made sure to make the distinction in my post between the extreme (which I don't think anyone would choose) and a more reasonable version closer to the middle. I also think, to the extreme on the other side, a woman who is TOO independent is so ambitious and upwardly mobile, she is always looking for opportunities to upgrade. It's only natural to think that attitude extends to the man she's seeing as well. So really there are extremes and in the middle, there's grey area - I'd prefer to operate in the grey area with a woman who wants me to do all the things I enjoy, rarely guilt trips me, but I know deep down she still misses me while I'm doing them :smugfavre: how's that sound?

Yeah I get that. But if she lets you go off and do your own thing and doesn't guilt trip, she probably isn't particularly clingy. I think there's a difference between being independent and not caring.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
clingy vs independant is too black and white an argument..i like some things some things from both piles...extreme clingy like to the point she insecure all the time is very annoying is but the girl whos attractive likes talking to YOU and being with you and texting you alot is cool with some other independant attributes...its all about a good mix of the two....

its really not black and white. when i answered the question of this thread, i answered it knowing the point of view of those who post on this forum.

on this forum, an independent chick is a chick who refuses to do womanly things for her man. she's the "new age" woman. aint gonn be none of that "whats for dinner, honey" bs with her. shes the type of woman that has the audacity to want her man to cook for her. with an independent woman, roles are reversed. she considers her puccy to be worth more than anything the man has to bring to the table...which is why she thinks its beneath her to do the things the traditional wifey does.

The clingy woman, obviously is the total opposite of this. she's clinging to you, wanting to spend her time with u and she'll do anything to please u.

given these two definitions, only a complete idiot would choose an independent chick. i like my women to be feminine, wanting to do feminine things for her man.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I get that. But if she lets you go off and do your own thing and doesn't guilt trip, she probably isn't particularly clingy. I think there's a difference between being independent and not caring.

being independent and not caring are very close relatives.

Pedro Negro

Reefer & Sneakers
Daps
Reppin
New York fukkin' City
My ex was clingy, I hated every moment of it especially since I can become aloof at times just out the blue.

This the battle I'm fighting.

My girl is a down ass chick, known her for 17 years and she makes real good money and has alot going on for her but.......

She's clingy. :beli:

Just like you I get on my "leave-me-alone-5-minute-phone-convo" mood and hope shyt doesn't piss her off one day cause I don't do high maintenance too well.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
on this forum, an independent chick is a chick who refuses to do womanly things for her man. she's the "new age" woman. aint gonn be none of that "whats for dinner, honey" bs with her. shes the type of woman that has the audacity to want her man to cook for her. with an independent woman, roles are reversed. she considers her puccy to be worth more than anything the man has to bring to the table...which is why she thinks its beneath her to do the things the traditional wifey does.

:what:

An independent woman is someone who doesn't depend on you. She has her own life outside of you. She's not with you because she needs a man, she's with you because she genuinely wants to be with you.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
This the battle I'm fighting.

My girl is a down ass chick, known her for 17 years and she makes real good money and has alot going on for her but.......

She's clingy. :beli:

Just like you I get on my "leave-me-alone-5-minute-phone-convo" mood and hope shyt doesn't piss her off one day cause I don't do high maintenance too well.

Most of my relationships have ended cause of it, they get mad at me for being "distant" when I tell them from jump how I am. My girl now understands and there's never an issue with us, but exs, it was just annoying. And the more they tried to explain why I shouldn't be the way I was, the more I tuned them out.

My ex used to want to talk on the phone everyday, despite the fact we saw each other almost everyday, she wanted to always be over and in my space when she was. It's like, can't you read a book while you're here? Or watch TV, you seen me yesterday, why do you need to be 5mm from my damn face today.

I'm the type of person that can drop people from my life in a moments notice and never look back, just a straight up character flaw that I have. So clingy women and me do not mix well.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I want a woman that's jealous of me but can keep it under control.. By independent, I assume we're talking about she can go several days or a couple of weeks without hitting you up and just be cool and keep it pushing like nothing happened, she most likely really doesn't care for you at all. She may be friendly, she may chop it up and even do whatever with you, but you're pretty expendable in her mind. When someone REALLY likes you, you're constantly on their mind and when you are away from her for too long, she starts getting that anxious feeling like, "Man where in the world is he at?"

I never trust women that are 'too cool' and just too mellow about me not being around... like I can just go a week without seeing her and it's no huge deal. Women are emotional creatures when it comes down to it and if she is not emotionally affected by my absence, then she probably has other guys she is talking to to keep her so nonchalant. Let's be real. If you have multiple women, then you aren't going to sweat what one is doing, but if you have one woman you are investing everything into and she doesn't hit you up for a week or two without explanation, you're going to sit back and wonder what in the world is going on. When it comes down to it, people really want to be around things they really like.

But when it comes down to it, nobody likes a super-clinger that just literally becomes dependent on your presence every second of the day or she stops functioning... she has to have every second of your time and know your every move. That makes you feel like you are imprisoned... When it comes down to it, balance is the key... I want a woman who can give me a bit of space, but she starts getting real worried if I don't hit her in a couple of days.