Do you think Microsoft will eventually drop hardware and go 3rd party?

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
However you want to juelz it doesn't negate the fact that 84m>60m

So just say you misspoke and keep it moving.
I’m one of those Xbox customers. Had the OG Xbox and the 360. After the 360 went RROD I got a PS3 to try Uncharted 2 & 3. I never looked back. I did intend to get another 360. I still have the hard drive. Didn’t have a reason to.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’m one of those Xbox customers. Had the OG Xbox and the 360. After the 360 went RROD I got a PS3 to try Uncharted 2 & 3. I never looked back. I did intend to get another 360. I still have the hard drive. Didn’t have a reason to.
Yup, I went through 2 360s before making the switch over to PS3

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
If they can get that gaming netflix idea really poppin.. then maybe they would. But I don't see it happening anytime in the next 2 gens

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If they can get that gaming netflix idea really poppin.. then maybe they would. But I don't see it happening anytime in the next 2 gens

I could see them going with a series S type console indefinitely to keep people invested in hardware but regulate their more powerful options to pc. They have pretty much deprioritized the Series X this generation. All their revisions and updates are with the S model, instead of lowering teh price of the x or making a digital version they made a more expensive S.

I think they are just losing too much money on the X and realized that the power difference isn’t drawing people to spend more money on it

Think about it, historically. Microsoft has never really been good at hardware, windows phone, windows laptops, zune, etc. they have always been underwhelming. The surface seems like the only thing that has been moderately successful for them.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
turns out i wasn’t the only person that had this idea :yeshrug:

I don't think they bow out of hardware because hardware drives gamepass subs. There was a report that 80% of users are on gamepass ultimate, so it seems console users drive sub. Also, if they were to drop consol, then that will kill gamepass because you can't rely on PC and mobile. Plus, it's highly unlikely Sony or Nintendo will allow gamepass because it would cannibalize sales on their respective storefronts. Lastly, I don't think they want to surrender 30% storefront cut they get from the console storefront. I don't think PC gamers are using the windows store, so they might as well exit gaming if they drop consoles

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't think they bow out of hardware because hardware drives gamepass subs. There was a report that 80% of users are on gamepass ultimate, so it seems console users drive sub. Also, if they were to drop consol, then that will kill gamepass because you can't rely on PC and mobile. Plus, it's highly unlikely Sony or Nintendo will allow gamepass because it would cannibalize sales on their respective storefronts. Lastly, I don't think they want to surrender 30% storefront cut they get from the console storefront. I don't think PC gamers are using the windows store, so they might as well exit gaming if they drop consoles

I think they will keep a low spec model and ditch the series x, thats the ways its been trending this generation. Unless they announced a big revision or something regarding the x. Its been almost 3 years and they have not done one revision yet, that shyt is still big and heavy as hell and probably expensive as hell to make for no reason.

Sony is about to be on their 3rd revision for the ps5. I just do not see microsofts passion to sell hardware at all. The Series S getting 1000 TB SSD is basically just a standard price increase of 50 dollars. a 1tb gen 3 SSD cost like nothing especially for a big supplier like Microsoft

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People been asking this question for what? 16 years now? I guess at some point maybe they'll be right.

Probably not before we all have one foot in the grave tho :mjlol:

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They lost the hardware war 2 gens ago after having a huge lead. I want to see how they handle the release of the streaming stick. I feel like that is their best bet moving forward to push as a GP device. Nobody fukkin with the box like that at that price.