Do You Think FF16 Will Be A Sales Flop?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I guess I was wrong. Pre-orders are down and Square Enix isn’t happy. That’s also considering it’s on fewer platforms.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Most gamers don't own a PS5 so no one checking for this until it come out on more plataforms :yeshrug:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FxttdqzWYAAM38X

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
We’ll switch came out with botw on its release and sold quite a bit so it being exclusive isn’t the issue it’s whether or not it appeals to enough ps5 owners to buy it and move units
They are stupid if they wanna compare it to any Nintendo exclusives since in general they always sales tons

Canon

Veteran
Daps
:pachaha: They want it to be multi platform so baaaaad. Talking about sales for a game that hasn’t even released.

But hey PlayStation has no games amiright?

PremeGuru

All Star
Daps
16 doesn't have the same amount of hype that 15 had before release, and its releasing right after SF6 and Diablo 4.

They should be happy to sell 7-8mil copies in five years. :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean they got paid.
Up front money isn’t everything.

They keep complaining about how their games are having trouble finding and maintaining an audience, but every game they just hoe out to the highest bidder. So there’s no continuity in expectations. PC gamers don’t know when how or if they are gonna get a square game, same for xbox and switch.

I know xbox sales weren’t great for 15 but you have to build a community. Now all the people that may have liked 15 and talked about it to their xbox friends are left out, so if they decided to go multiplat with 17 it’s gonna be like starting over from scratch again. Same for PC, there’s no excitement surrounding the game cause square has to pretend the PC version doesn’t exist.

On top of the fact that they keep alienating their long time fans by chasing the “younger crowd” with movie games design decisions. They really need to take a close look at capcom and sega on how to be successful in the modern gaming world with all those classic IP.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Up front money isn’t everything.

They keep complaining about how their games are having trouble finding and maintaining an audience, but every game they just hoe out to the highest bidder. So there’s no continuity in expectations. PC gamers don’t know when how or if they are gonna get a square game, same for xbox and switch.

I know xbox sales weren’t great for 15 but you have to build a community. Now all the people that may have liked 15 and talked about it to their xbox friends are left out, so if they decided to go multiplat with 17 it’s gonna be like starting over from scratch again. Same for PC, there’s no excitement surrounding the game cause square has to pretend the PC version doesn’t exist.

On top of the fact that they keep alienating their long time fans by chasing the “younger crowd” with movie games design decisions. They really need to take a close look at capcom and sega on how to be successful in the modern gaming world with all those classic IP.
Perhaps I'm speaking for myself but I don't think that there's some huge chunk of the total addressable market of people who would buy this game that only own an Xbox and don't own a PlayStation. The PC argument is sound. It should have been there day 1 but who is to say the deal Sony gave them wasn't worth that lock up period?

Traditional Japanese style role playing games aren't really a mainstream type of game. The reality is it would be very challenging for them at this state to make this a traditional game in the series and they aren't up for that challenge. As a long time fan of this series I can't say I like some of the decisions they've made with this game but I'll still buy it. Haven't pre-ordered and likely won't. Don't see a point.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Perhaps I'm speaking for myself but I don't think that there's some huge chunk of the total addressable market of people who would buy this game that only own an Xbox and don't own a PlayStation. The PC argument is sound. It should have been there day 1 but who is to say the deal Sony gave them wasn't worth that lock up period?
No way to quantify how big of a chunk of people there are, but the idea is growing that chunk. Can’t grow it if you exclude a huge portion of potential customers before the game even comes out.

Traditional Japanese style role playing games aren't really a mainstream type of game. The reality is it would be very challenging for them at this state to make this a traditional game in the series and they aren't up for that challenge. As a long time fan of this series I can't say I like some of the decisions they've made with this game but I'll still buy it. Haven't pre-ordered and likely won't. Don't see a point.
Persona, Yakuza, Pokémon, octopath, and various jrpg style indies prove there’s a market. They are chasing the uncharted/tlou crowd but i don’t think that crowd really wants to play RPGs.

They made an all white cast DMC style cinematic action game and limited it to one platform and are confused why there isn’t much enthusiasm about the game. Japan isn’t even on board right now.