Do You Think FF16 Will Be A Sales Flop?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This. This is the main difference the bone headed ass dudes on here ignore when they say "I'll just get it on PC. :wow:" when a PS game is finally announced for PC.

Like yeah, wait 1~3 years to possibly get a game you want to play on PC because that makes perfect sense.

If I was following that logic, I'd still be waiting at the time of this post (because I know Meach will try to quote it way in the future as some sort of gotcha) to play Demon's Souls, Ghosts of Tsushima, TLOU 2, Horizon Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, GT7, Astro Bot, and more.
And what y’all fail to realize is that puts you in the extreme minority of people playing games but y’all get on here and act like anyone who doesn’t agree with you isn’t playing games or is doing some lesser shyt.

That’s what makes you irrational stan’s :ehh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And what y’all fail to realize is that puts you in the extreme minority of people playing games but y’all get on here and act like anyone who doesn’t agree with you isn’t playing games or is doing some lesser shyt.

That’s what makes you irrational stan’s :ehh:
:what:

Wtf are you talking about?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Word on the streets is that preorders aren’t looking too great and they plan an extended sales period to meet their goals.

085-CC96-C-BD02-42-E9-9-E79-7-EC87-E97-CF95.gif

rabbid

Superstar
Daps

Word on the streets is that preorders aren’t looking too great and they plan an extended sales period to meet their goals.

:ufdup:

I tried to tell y'all pages ago. The game is not a guaranteed seller and Square has to take extra precautions to ensure it sells well. A 18 month head start? Cmon y'all. Final Fantasy ain't what it used to be.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:ufdup:

I tried to tell y'all pages ago. The game is not a guaranteed seller and Square has to take extra precautions to ensure it sells well. A 18 month head start? Cmon y'all. Final Fantasy ain't what it used to be.

I bit too early for “i told you so’s”

My bet is it won’t do God of War or Spider-Man numbers but it will perform like Sonys B Tier first party games, like Horizon or Tsushima, which is honestly pretty high for Final Fantasy. A lot of their games don’t crack 10 million until years down the road with multiple ports, if this does in the 7-8 range the first year thats a big deal. It makes it a faster selling title than the original 7

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Though there excuse as to why there were no black people in game was factually incorrect, I find it odd to see people complain about an Asian company not putting in black characters in their game... When they didn't seem to even put any of their own in the game :mjlol:

If they not even taking care of themselves, why tf would you expect them to cater to you? :russ:

This is…. A fair point lmao

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The Final Fantasy series of JRPGs consists of the following mainline games:

Final Fantasy XVI selling 8 million copies year one puts it at the 5th highest selling and fastest selling in the franchise. On one platform. By year two, with a pc port the only thing that would be above it is FF7

Final Fantasy 10 sold like a fukking MCU Movie DAMNNNNNNNN

I remember it being a big deal back when it came out. Everybody was fukking with it but I had no idea it outsold FF7.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Final Fantasy 10 sold like a fukking MCU Movie DAMNNNNNNNN

I remember it being a big deal back when it came out. Everybody was fukking with it but I had no idea it outsold FF7.

Final Fantasy used to be the premiere exclusive for playstation launch. I remember FFX being a big deal for PS2, thats what FFXVI was supposed to be (and still kind of is considering how long this generation is taking) for PS5.

I feel like there are 3 big entry points for most FF fans, its either 7, 10, or FF7 Remake.