Do You Think FF16 Will Be A Sales Flop?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sound like a bunch of excuses and deflections to me.

Square was talking about trying to “grow” the franchise. And some people said being PS5 exclusive would not help in that goal.

This game has sold 40% less than its predecessor in the same timeframe.

It would seem by the by the numbers, those people were correct :ohhh:

If thats what you need to tell yourself :mjlol:

We all know you gonna make it alright in your mind to not have a ps5

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
For comparison RE4Remake (one of the highest rated games of the year) sold 4 million in two weeks across 4 platforms.
Final Fantasy is a much bigger franchise than Resident Evil, so I don't think it's fair to compare.

However, I think the numbers are solid, but not great. I don't think the numbers are bad or anything because it sold 500k less than FF7R which was on more consoles. I think what matters is if Final Fantasy XVI got legs because FFXV started off strong, but I don't think it had much legs tbh.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Final Fantasy is a much bigger franchise than Resident Evil, so I don't think it's fair to compare.

However, I think the numbers are solid, but not great. I don't think the numbers are bad or anything because it sold 500k less than FF7R which was on more consoles. I think what matters is if Final Fantasy XVI got legs because FFXV started off strong, but I don't think it had much legs tbh.

15 ended at 10 million after 5 and a half years and that was on multiple platforms.