Do You Think FF16 Will Be A Sales Flop?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I'm just wondering what's the point of having a souped up gaming PC then?

Most multiplat games don't run better on PC until months later.

I guess you are waiting until then to play the games or buying them twice?

Like there isn't a single multiplat game that drop this year that's ran better on PC than consoles at launch.

You do realize PCs do more than play games. Shocking I know

games go on sale all the time on pc anyway. I got shyt like Witcher 3 and on console and pc, both for like 10-15 each. It aint shyt. It runs and looks so much better on pc its comical. so yes, sometimes I do buy shyt twice. It aint hurting me at all. I've bought Elden ring twice for pc mods. dark souls same shyt. fighting games because they be on sale for 5 dollars etc.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You do realize PCs do more than play games. Shocking I know

games go on sale all the time on pc anyway. I got shyt like Witcher 3 and on console and pc, both for like 10-15 each. It aint shyt. It runs and looks so much better on pc its comical. so yes, sometimes I do buy shyt twice. It aint hurting me at all.
:ehh:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

I however am not about to wait for gow, tlou, ff16 etc to hit pc so yeah I'll buy them on ps5 soon as they drop. If they are considerably better on pc I'll cop on a deep sale :yeshrug:

so thats why I have both. A high end gaming pc also circumvents the need for a switch as well since you can emulate games on it and not have to deal with the switches dogshyt hardware.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm just wondering what's the point of having a souped up gaming PC then?

Most multiplat games don't run better on PC until months later.

I guess you are waiting until then to play the games or buying them twice?

Like there isn't a single multiplat game that drop this year that's ran better on PC than consoles at launch.
:mjlol: yal really need to stick to kratos vs master chief of whatever the fukk it is that makes these threads blow up

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: yal really need to stick to kratos vs master chief of whatever the fukk it is that makes these threads blow up
I can't think of a single triple A Multiplat game off top of my head that dropped this year on console and PC that has run smoothly on PC compared to Console.

Feel free to prove me wrong tho :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I can't think of a single triple A Multiplat game off top of my head that dropped this year on console and PC that has run smoothly on PC compared to Console.

Most of that is internet noise by people trying to play at 8k 120fps

For most games with decent hardware you are gonna get better performance than the consoles.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

most of these benchmark channels and reviews are ad/sponsor driven to push people towards new graphics cards and hardware. at the same time, most 'fixes' are three clicks or less or an unofficial patch at the most.

most of these hyper-ultra 120fps ultra wide screen settings aren't tangible bars to reach :mjlol: but the gap between that and standard console performance is still a wide enough margin to make the vast majority of the dialogue completely fukking asinine

yal all gotta be over 30 now at least. you can't be thinking PC performance, in any context, is a yes or no question

edit: hell if anything, pc community unlocking shyt early is how devs get ahead early on optimizing games :dead:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most of that is internet noise by people trying to play at 8k 120fps

For most games with decent hardware you are gonna get better performance than the consoles.
Most of the games I'm thinking about I pretty much have direct comparison and it's worse on PC for those games, Dead Space, wild hearts, Starwars
and hogwarts.

This is carrying over from last year and all the problems multiplat had on release when they dropped on PC

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
most of these benchmark channels and reviews are ad/sponsor driven to push people towards new graphics cards and hardware. at the same time, most 'fixes' are three clicks or less or an unofficial patch at the most.

most of these hyper-ultra 120fps ultra wide screen settings aren't tangible bars to reach :mjlol: but the gap between that and standard console performance is still a wide enough margin to make the vast majority of the dialogue completely fukking asinine

yal all gotta be over 30 now at least. you can't be thinking PC performance, in any context, is a yes or no question

edit: hell if anything, pc community unlocking shyt early is how devs get ahead early on optimizing games :dead:
Im going off personal experiences with friends more so than benchmarks and stuff, it's rare they buy a multiplat game and don't run into some kind of issue that is non existent for me or anyone in the discord playing or watching them.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Once again you're being willfully obtuse. A switch can be had for 200 dollars.

A pc capable of running emulators at 4k 60 etc are going to cost 5-10x more than that minimum. You also have to find the files which if you aren't savvy isn't easy either. Yes if you have the means it circumvents the need for one. Its a bonus. People aren't buying 4090s just to play astral chain and you know this.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Once again you're being willfully obtuse. A switch can be had for 200 dollars.

A pc capable of running emulators at 4k 60 etc are going to cost 5-10x more than that minimum. You also have to find the files which if you aren't savvy isn't easy either. Yes if you have the means it circumvents the need for one. Its a bonus. People aren't buying 4090s just to play astral chain and you know this.
:hula:
A high end gaming pc also circumvents the need for a switch as well since you can emulate games on it and not have to deal with the switches dogshyt hardware.

Get twisted up in your own stan narratives brehs :wow:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:hula:

Get twisted up in your own stan narratives brehs :wow:

how is this a stan narrative. WTF am I stanning there? Emulation? Okay, the switch also has no exclusives because you can illegally emulate them on a considerably more expensive PC. Is this nikka serious :mindblown:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
how is this a stan narrative. WTF am I stanning there? Emulation? Okay, the switch also has no exclusives because you can illegally emulate them on a considerably more expensive PC. Is this nikka serious :mindblown:
You can’t get your story straight cause it doesn’t follow any kind of logic.

99.9% of all games are available on PC. There’s no need to own any console unless you just want the console for other reasons.

But instead of admitting that you do the mental gymnastics on display in here, then tell me i’m the disingenuous one. :ehh: