Do You Think Death Stranding Will Spawn Many Imitators If It Sells Really Well?

if death stranding sells really well, will it spawn many imitators in the AAA game space?

• of course. devs and publishers will always jump on the bandwagon of the "new, hot thing"

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • nope. it's just too esoteric and strange. I can't see a publisher like EA trying to mimic that

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • I see it being influential in the indie game space but not with big-budget AAA games.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • nah, I see Death Stranding as one of a kind. it could only come from the mind of Kojima.

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • some will try but they will fail and be ridiculed for it.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Death Stranding won't influence anything. it's pretentious, overindulgent garbage and will be looked

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I’m sure the US postal service is looking at this as an exciting new opportunity for them to finally break into the millennial market
Oh fukk...

So, you mean to tell me these grown big children are going to abandon the console wars and start a new age of fedexBox and psUPS WARS??
:snoop:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Nah, nobody copying this shyt

I heard KojiPro helped tweaked the decima engine and a quarter of Guerrilla Games employees helped in developing Death Stranding. I'm okay if it's tech progression but I better not hear about Kojima helping out on writing for Horizon 2. :francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I heard KojiPro helped tweaked the decima engine and a quarter of Guerrilla Games employees helped in developing Death Stranding. I'm okay if it's tech progression but I better not hear about Kojima helping out on writing for Horizon 2. :francis:

yeah, obviously they will share tech, but walking/climbing/delivering packages is just not fun or exciting. I can’t see another dev sitting down and thinking. “Yeah I’m bout to make a delivery game” and a publisher going “yeah that sounds like a good idea”

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
yeah, obviously they will share tech, but walking/climbing/delivering packages is just not fun or exciting. I can’t see another dev sitting down and thinking. “Yeah I’m bout to make a delivery game” and a publisher going “yeah that sounds like a good idea”
what if death stranding sells like 10 milli tho :lupe:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
We can't dismiss the story now we don't know the writing quality in DS yet.

I'm judging his previous works. As a player that enjoyed MGS1-4 I still don't want his style involved in the writing room for Horizon. :yeshrug:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Breh there are games about flying planes & driving trains.
You know how boring that shyt is? :dead:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh there are games about flying planes & driving trains.
You know how boring that shyt is? :dead:
There was this game for the Dreamcast called 18 Wheeler :wow: shyt was fun as hell

!!e!UGv!!2M~$(KGrHqYOKiIE0oo5(ZhSBNP248LnQg~~_1.JPG

All you did was drive and park trucks.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
nikkas were praising a game about being a fukking goose, nothing surprises me :dead:

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
Some reviewers were referring to this as the birth of a new gaming genre. If that is true then ofcourse others will imitate.