Be honest, do you think Microsoft will make another console?

Do you think Microsoft will make another console?

• Yes, of course

• Yes, but it won’t be a traditional console

• Naw, they’re cooked

Results are only viewable after voting.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Imo Microsoft should just concede the traditional home console market to Sony and pivot the Xbox brand into a handheld gaming pc.

They just need to create a user friendly OS for it. I think they'd have more success competing against the Steam Deck(which they technically already are with all the handhelds using Windows) than staying in perpetual 3rd place with Sony and Nintendo.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Imo Microsoft should just concede the traditional home console market to Sony and pivot the Xbox brand into a handheld gaming pc.

They just need to create a user friendly OS for it. I think they'd have more success competing against the Steam Deck(which they technically already are with all the handhelds using Windows) than staying in perpetual 3rd place with Sony and Nintendo.

The steamdeck i don’t think has even sold 8m units. Those handheld pc’s get talked up a lot here but they’re a super niche and only really cater to the older market. I think it makes sense for them to do exactly as that leak from earlier inthe year said, Let other hardware manufacturers make windows/xbox based handhelds and consoles that feature gamepass and windows marketplace.

I think anything more is a lost cause as far as handhelds go. The original PSP was the last hurrah for mass adoption of a non-nintendo, non-hybrid handheld. There’s too much competition with phones now, and Nintendo is already selling 150m+ of hybrids which gives them even more marketshare than sony has in the home console space

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
The steamdeck i don’t think has even sold 8m units. Those handheld pc’s get talked up a lot here but they’re a super niche and only really cater to the older market. I think it makes sense for them to do exactly as that leak from earlier inthe year said, Let other hardware manufacturers make windows/xbox based handhelds and consoles that feature gamepass and windows marketplace.

I think anything more is a lost cause as far as handhelds go. The original PSP was the last hurrah for mass adoption of a non-nintendo, non-hybrid handheld. There’s too much competition with phones now, and Nintendo is already selling 150m+ of hybrids which gives them even more marketshare than sony has in the home console space
Handheld PCs are niche now, but I believe they will become much more of a mainstay once the right company gets behind it with the right hardware/software combo.

Apple could do this right now and sell more the the steam deck has in a year.

You are correct tho that they will always have the software and game pass to license to what ever hardware manufacturer they want so in essence Xbox will never "die", but if they decide to release more Xbox hardware handheld PC is the only way to go.

They're just wasting money making a traditional console at this point

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s nothing he can do to revive xbox consoles that make financial sense. the only thing he could do is make everything exclusive to the console, kill gamepass pc, try to figure out how to make COD exclusive, etc.

it would cost them way too much money to make the box more appealing and to Microsoft hardware has never been their priority. They are a software company, they are betting everything on cloud and AI. They stand to make more money going the tencent direction than continuing to mimic sony or Nintendo

Also, the way Microsoft distributes their products in other regions outside the US kind of makes the whole idea unrealistic. The US alone isn’t enough to sustain their hardware business and they do little to market or make their products appealing outside north america
Imagine doing all that just to sell the system at a loss and or break even/slight profit

:mjlol:

Xbox is doing exactly what it needs to do right now. They need to focus on establishing a library of games and access to games so when people decide to finally get an Xbox they can be like "oh all this is here too" and decide to stay.

If it was up to y'all, you would have them made everything exclusive, kill day and date on gamepass, focus on getting 3rd party exclusives and try to force people over to Xbox for exclusive games.

All that to sell more hardware at a loss :mjlol: and for people to own a Xbox for there exclusive but buy and play all their games on PlayStation like they been have.

Yall have no business sense what so ever.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You'll see everyone doing this because that's how gaming over all is trending. The whole I'ma play a console on the dedicated box, on my dedicated screen is passing by fast, most kids and young teens I know literally never sit in front of a tv.

And if they do, it's specifically to play a Xbox or PlayStation.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, but I think they're more or less done. Someone will be able to convince them to go with one more round so they'll push out some entry level piece of shyt.

I'm kind of expecting it to be tied to Game Pass. As in when people buy it, they have the option of getting 6 months, 1 year and so on. If they don't have a subscription, it is a useless brick.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imagine doing all that just to sell the system at a loss and or break even/slight profit

:mjlol:

Xbox is doing exactly what it needs to do right now. They need to focus on establishing a library of games and access to games so when people decide to finally get an Xbox they can be like "oh all this is here too" and decide to stay.

If it was up to y'all, you would have them made everything exclusive, kill day and date on gamepass, focus on getting 3rd party exclusives and try to force people over to Xbox for exclusive games.

All that to sell more hardware at a loss :mjlol: and for people to own a Xbox for there exclusive but buy and play all their games on PlayStation like they been have.

Yall have no business sense what so ever.

So when are people finally going to decide to get an Xbox? Later this year when the "HUGE STACK OF GAMES" release?:russ:

XBOX-App-on-Firestick6.jpg

When this is official marketing, I don't think this is encouraging people to "finally" get an Xbox.

It's not only about "Customer buys Xbox, they make tiny profit/break even" as you keep harping on about. It's like you said before, "MUH ECOSYSTEM!"
:gucci:

Alright look at it like this,

Microsoft at the end of the day wants to get to the point where they don't care how you log into gamepass to play.

However it's hard to sell a service and a ecosystem with having a piece of hardware attached to it.

How many people would be using iTunes if not for the iPhone still?

Xbox is Microsoft iPhone.... It will always be at the center of there "entertainment vision" unless it absolutely falls off a cliff at some point

Xbox ecosystem>>>>>>>everything besides steam.

Also if possible I buy all my games digital on Xbox, the Xbox ecosystem is the only I feel like I can count on having access to years from now as how people game changes.

The Xbox has the perfect ecosystem setup to support triple A games being made for the future of gaming.

The parent support, MS.

A sub system that generates consist revenue.

That sub system including day 1st party games from all developers (as of now)

Multiple developers that are free (relatively) to make whatever they want, from small passion projects to double or triple A.

Having that many developers allows for them to create at a slightly slower pace and not have to chance trends to try and survive until the next game.
What happened to this stream of consciousness you had not too long ago when it was perfectly reasonable?

Will the real Mad Titan please stand up?

Now that Microsoft is shifting their talking points to playing games on OTHER platforms and not even needing an Xbox altogether where "every screen is an Xbox", you now go against the very same things you said that was important to get people onto an "ecosystem"? Now you're all in on Firesticks and buying Xbox games on Playstation, a direct competitor with arguably the biggest ecosystem around in console gaming?

huh-meme.gif

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So when are people finally going to decide to get an Xbox? :russ: Later this year when the "HUGE STACK OF GAMES" release?

XBOX-App-on-Firestick6.jpg

When this is official marketing, I don't think this is encouraging people to "finally" get an Xbox.
It's not only about "Customer buys Xbox, they make tiny profit/break even" as you keep harping on about. It's like you said before, "MUH ECOSYSTEM!"

What happened to this stream of consciousness you had not too long ago when it was perfectly reasonable? Now that Microsoft is shifting their talking points to playing games on OTHER platforms and not even needing an Xbox altogether where "every screen is an Xbox", you now go against the very same things you said that was important to get people onto an "ecosystem"? Now you're all in on Firesticks and buying Xbox games on Playstation?
huh-meme.gif
What are you even talking about? Nothing I said contradicts what I've been saying, the people who are in the PS ecosystem aren't going to jump over to Nintendo or Xbox for a handful of games.

It's going to a library of games for those people to try something and be like "maybe I'll get a system" if that's there thing or "maybe I'll stay subbed" if that's their thing.

I've consistently said for almost 7 years now hardware wasn't going to be there main focus, and it'll never be as long as they are making high end hardware.

The goal is to get people into the ecosystem, gamepass is a major part of that ecosystem.

So WHEN PEOPLE who aren't part of that is ecosystem decide to join it be it by hardware or just gamepass they need to have incentive to stay.

:dahell:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What are you even talking about? Nothing I said contradicts what I've been saying, the people who are in the PS ecosystem aren't going to jump over to Nintendo or Xbox for a handful of games.

It's going to a library of games for those people to try something and be like "maybe I'll get a system" if that's there thing or "maybe I'll stay subbed" if that's their thing.

I've consistently said for almost 7 years now hardware wasn't going to be there main focus, and it'll never be as long as they are making high end hardware.

The goal is to get people into the ecosystem, gamepass is a major part of that ecosystem.

So WHEN PEOPLE who aren't part of that is ecosystem decide to join it be it by hardware or just gamepass they need to have incentive to stay.

:dahell:
You said this:

In the other quotes above, you said an ecosystem is hard to push without a piece of hardware e.g. Xbox is MIcrosoft's Iphone as you put it.

If they're failing to get people to buy their "iPhone", you honestly believe people are going to somehow come in droves onto the ecosystem via "gamepass" on a damn Firestick where you have to stream the game? Lol come on dog. You do realize you guys have been fanning the flames of a Gamepass takeover since damn near 10 years ago? WHEN is this takeover going to happen?

You acknowledged in the past that hardware is the main driver to get someone in an ecosystem.

If all the things they're CURRENTLY doing isn't driving people to their ecosystem e.g. "buying an Xbox", what makes you think they're going to buy an Xbox NOW if almost everything that made people get an Xbox is being pushed away e.g. exclusives now coming to other platforms, officially telling people an Xbox isn't needed, "Every screen is an Xbox", and essentially pivoting to being more of a game publisher on every platform?

You contradicted it because you're now cheerleading their "Xbox isn't needed" anymore mantra when you know darn well people get onto these ecosystems through the hardware primarily. We're talking about video games, not Netflix or Amazon prime. That's the disconnect I always see you guys have, you try to correlate things that might have worked/is working for streaming services like TV and movies and think it's an automatic W for games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You said this:

In the other quotes above, you said an ecosystem is hard to push without a piece of hardware e.g. Xbox is MIcrosoft's Iphone as you put it.

If they're failing to get people to buy their "iPhone", you honestly believe people are going to somehow come in droves onto the ecosystem via "gamepass" on a damn Firestick where you have to stream the game? Lol come on dog. You do realize you guys have been fanning the flames of a Gamepass takeover since damn near 10 years ago? WHEN is this takeover going to happen?

You acknowledged in the past that hardware is the main driver to get someone in an ecosystem.

If all the things they're CURRENTLY doing isn't driving people to their ecosystem e.g. "buying an Xbox", what makes you think they're going to buy an Xbox NOW if almost everything that made people get an Xbox is being pushed away e.g. exclusives now coming to other platforms, officially telling people an Xbox isn't needed, "Every screen is an Xbox", and essentially pivoting to being more of a game publisher on every platform?

You contradicted it because you're now cheerleading their "Xbox isn't needed" anymore mantra when you know darn well people get onto these ecosystems through the hardware primarily. We're talking about video games, not Netflix or Amazon prime. That's the disconnect I always see you guys have, you try to correlate things that might have worked/is working for streaming services like TV and movies and think it's an automatic W for games.

:sas2: