Do you still **** with your hs friends?

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Not really

Been out of H.S. for 13 years. I threw a number of them in the bushes already before I graduated back then. It was a lot of fickle cats I went to school with. The only dudes I would ride for were the ones I kicked it with in PCB two months ago. I knew those guys since '96 and I saw them for the first time in March since they moved to GA in 1997. They've been with me through the good and the bad. More than all of the friends I have/had that still live near me :wow:

I still have a few I talk to once in a while , but we're going separate directions in our lives (they have kids/baby mama drama now, I don't) No hard feelings though. We still have each other's backs if something pops off. We just don't kick it anymore.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Closest HS friend lives a good 40 mins or so away and we grew apart, not as much in common anymore. Even worse now that hes married with a kid.

All my friends too spread out now and the ones still in my hometown aint about shyt.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Every month I get with my homie from high school and we go to tads steak house in the city. Been going there since we were in high school. Others, I see em around the city or on Facebook

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Out of a graduating class of 89 (at a school in DC), I prolly keep in touch with about 25 to 30.

No "Leave It to Beaver"/ "Pleasantville" type shyt.

Simply catch up with 'em from time to time.

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not that we don't fukk with each other like that anymore, it's just that I left IMMEDIATELY after HS, so I really haven't even SEEN anyone (except like one of the homies, but this was like a couple of years ago. I graduated HS in '02). I still keep in contact with a few people (mostly my closest homies), but other than that, I might run into nikkaz on fb every now and then....

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
:wow: I hope I dont end like yall nikkas. One of main homies I used to mess with in high school starting to a grow apart. Well he got real religious and we dont share similar interests anymore.

One of my nikkas that I was cool with in elementary (Im talking me and my bro ised to be at dudes house everyday playing video games) we parted ways after middle (went to different high schools). Now 3 years after graduating high school I seen dude at the mall, we chopped it up and man my heart just wanna help the nikka out. Im in college getting my degree, idk if he even graduated high school, he told me he does poetry and he tryna become a rapper. We exchanged numbers and we going hang out and work on some music this summer.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Honestly your college friends are the ones who last forever for the most part, at least if you did college right. You lived with your friends from college and just shared memories and bonds that you never will with your high school friends no matter how much long you grew up with them.

I always went to different schools than my friends in the neighborhood and always lost friends just from growing apart or rather just not being around. (I had a different best friend in elementary, middle, high school and college. ) I went to a special middle school & and then a different high school and while we remained friends, I noticed as I started working, djing and focusing on music I had less time for friends who just wanted to hang out and smoke weed. We were still homies but by the time college came it was a wrap for 99 percent of my friendships from back home. I had a lot of friends too because I went to different schools. Friends from home and friends from high school who I just stopped seeing because we went to different schools. It really takes effort from both sides in order to maintain it and if you're not that social of a person a relationship can die like that. I probably have 2-3 friends from back home and 1 friend from high school (although I have many associates from high school since it was such a small class, everyone knew each other and connected).....all my other friends are from college or the the music scene.

It doesn't make me sad because it's apart of life.....Like I'm 9 years removed from high school and 5 years removed from college and you realize that at the end you'll end up with 1 or 2 best friends because your interest change, you get busy with work and family.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
The most harsh reality is when you get to the point where you realize money will dictate who is your best friend as you become an adult. Trust me, it sucks. I've been on both ends. The guy who can afford to do things and the guy who can't afford to do things. The saddest thing about it is it's not always laziness or lack of desire for the difference in income, it's just circumstances.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Yup...and now they are all friends with me college friends.

We all went out saturday night together

I love my nikkas :to:

Nasty_Nate

Each one, teach one...
Daps
Reppin
I only mess with one or two on the regular. It's been 14, 15 years and folks change a lot. So many of my boys are lame as hell now. They're all between 29 and 35, but half of them act like they're 18 and the other half act like they're 60. So on one hand I have the group who still smokes everyday and goes to the club Thursday through Sunday, and on the other hand I have the group that has to get permission from their wife to go to the city past midnight. I'm only back home three or four times a year, so the shyt gets annoying. Funny shyt is that all the homies I still talk to on the regular don't live in our hometown anymore, except one. I also got one that makes six figures now and got a new set of friends. He doesn't mess with any of us that often, even when we try to plan trips to Florida and other shyt like that.

Kid Coli

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always thought my crew would stick together but I don't fukk with none of them no more.

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
It's sad to say, but I don't really fukk with friends period. I see my jump offs more often then I see my boys.

I can't risk going out and getting in trouble anymore.

Respect.

funny-gifs-secret-handshake.gif

samtalksradio

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Belle Glade FL
Only 2 everyone else I had on myspace but they never talked to me so fukk em. I can understand why though nikkas is busy too many bills to pay.