Do you still **** with your hs friends?

beezy

Old Member
Daps
Reppin
guala guala island
I been out for 6 years (wow :wow: time flies) anyway, no, i moved away 4 years ago and now when i go back i cant even relate to them anymore. the couple best friends i got came after hs in college..

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
The only person I talk to on the regular is my best friend from middle school. I text, Facebook, and tweet a handful of other people. I've been out of high school for 10 years.

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
its crazy becuz my closest friends to this day are still & only my grade school(4th thru 8th grade) friends..i truly don't fukk wit new nikkas
Prd8pkU.png

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
:patrice: Known most of my good friends since elementary. Been down since the playground.

:mjpls: nikka prolly lurking this shyt right now

Daps
Highschool.its been 6 years.

Naaah breh. Considering I went to a hood Highschool so the vast majority either got kids, went to community college (best case).....or them other two options:huhldup:

I went on to university so my mindset changed a lot. A lot. And I cannot and will not vibe with em anymore:manny:

College. Its been 2 but I'm keepin it movin. There's those few friends in the crew that hit me up, and I ain't goin front, when I see their calls/texts I feel me getting the :beli: face. :heh: but ima hit em back one of these days, I might need a roomie:ehh:

Daps
Im 30, and have minimal relationships with any of my boys I grew up with. Anytime Im around them though we cool like we always were

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
Nope, they stopped talking to me because I didn't go to college. I guess they couldn't relate to me anymore. :manny:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It's interesting how divisive this is, my friends from high school, minus one close friend who I met after, are pretty much my ONLY friends left, the ones from elementary, the fukking old neighborhood, pretty much are the fake, insincere ones, the ones from HS are like my family, all my friends are. There are some who used to be cool, but moved away, went to college whatever, and that's cool, I'm not mad at anyone that did well, but most of them are on some bullshyt. It's sad to me, to have memories of all your boys, and realize they don't give a fukk about you like that, mothafukkers were children together, sleepovers and walking home from school, and now...I don't care if you have 3 kids, or work 3 jobs, went to college or Hollywood, I'll still pick up the phone and come through, I'm not a bytch like that..Graduated in 2004.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
It's interesting how divisive this is, my friends from high school, minus one close friend who I met after, are pretty much my ONLY friends left, the ones from elementary, the fukking old neighborhood, pretty much are the fake, insincere ones, the ones from HS are like my family, all my friends are. There are some who used to be cool, but moved away, went to college whatever, and that's cool, I'm not mad at anyone that did well, but most of them are on some bullshyt. It's sad to me, to have memories of all your boys, and realize they don't give a fukk about you like that, mothafukkers were children together, sleepovers and walking home from school, and now...I don't care if you have 3 kids, or work 3 jobs, went to college or Hollywood, I'll still pick up the phone and come through, I'm not a bytch like that..Graduated in 2004.

True. What Ive come to realize though is the people you grew up with, but stopped fukking with when you were coming of age (like in hs)... those friendships dont really matter that much.

I still kick it with my hs friends when they're in town, but people I was friends with in middle school or earlier you can forget about it.

I mean maybe Ill run into them them at a party and we'll drunkenly reminisce on shyt... thats always cool. But aside from that :manny:

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison

Im coming from a suburban perspective though I feel like that somehow makes it a bit different

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
True. What Ive come to realize though is the people you grew up with, but stopped fukking with when you were coming of age (like in hs)... those friendships dont really matter that much.

I still kick it with my hs friends when they're in town, but people I was friends with in middle school or earlier you can forget about it.

I mean maybe Ill run into them them at a party and we'll drunkenly reminisce on shyt... thats always cool. But aside from that :manny:

I agree, I went to a different high school, then my neighborhood/middle school, but these kids we all grew up together, our fam was close, same blocks, same streets, friends since third grade...it wasn't the same when hs started, but we all had to go our own way, but the way it went just doesn't sit right with me. I feel like I lost pieces of ME with those friendships...

I had to realize to, at a certain point, that it wasn't what I was doing, cuz no matter what it was, working, going to college, no matter how much paper or whatever I had, it didn't matter..it wasn't about me, it was that those people weren't cut from the same cloth I was. I thought 'oh if I just get a good job', 'oh if I stop drinking and smoking', 'oh if I finish college'....we'll be cool again....nah. The saddest part is theres no beef, no animosity, but the hardest shyt to face was that you felt close to people, who didn't give a fukk anymore. Hurts me still, I have daydreams and ill memories about all the friends and family from back whenever, that aren't around anymore, and I'll wake up, like fukk.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I agree, I went to a different high school, then my neighborhood/middle school, but these kids we all grew up together, our fam was close, same blocks, same streets, friends since third grade...it wasn't the same when hs started, but we all had to go our own way, but the way it went just doesn't sit right with me. I feel like I lost pieces of ME with those friendships...

I had to realize to, at a certain point, that it wasn't what I was doing, cuz no matter what it was, working, going to college, no matter how much paper or whatever I had, it didn't matter..it wasn't about me, it was that those people weren't cut from the same cloth I was. I thought 'oh if I just get a good job', 'oh if I stop drinking and smoking', 'oh if I finish college'....we'll be cool again....nah. The saddest part is theres no beef, no animosity, but the hardest shyt to face was that you felt close to people, who didn't give a fukk anymore. Hurts me still, I have daydreams and ill memories about all the friends and family from back whenever, that aren't around anymore, and I'll wake up, like fukk.
Ya sometimes stuff like that doesnt go down how it should.

I can relate but I really just try to stay in the present.

When I have dreams about random motherfukkers from back in the day it catches me off guard, puts me in a weird mood for a while.. I dont really dwell on it though. Like I dont sit there and think "why did shyt get fukked up?".. I just carry on but Ill be feeling a little disoriented and surreal.

Hammer

Banned
Daps
i still keep in touch with a bunch of them and see them often

i would only consider like 5-8 of them my GOOD friends :manny: