Do you have any videogame experiences that are in the top 100 moments of your life?

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
All of what remains of Edith Finch tbh. Just an incredible experience that has stayed imprinted in my mind as the future of the medium

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I almost don't want to engage with this topic because fukk Vlad and his opinion but one thing I'll leave here is fighting games taught me how to learn better than any of my teachers did:manny:

This topic is also why gamers themselves need to take gaming seriously as the artform it is. A life changing game is no different than a life changing book or movie

I learned to be think deeper and be more skeptical of the news because of Metal Gear Solid 2:wow:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tecmo Super Bowl was the goat gift :blessed:

lol I had a fun time playing tecmo super bowl with a college buddy…I forgot who his team was…I wanna say the bills and I was the giants…we no-lifed that shyt and both played a full season…he knew how to play the game and went 16-0…I 9-7’ed my way into the playoffs…made it to the super bowl on a hail mary play (last play of the game)…then proceeded to whoop his ass in the super bowl lmaooo…not a top 100 life moment but it was a fun moment in general I had playing that game…one of my favorite sports games of all time cuz I used to be a real stats nerd and that was probably one of the first sports video games I can recall where they saved/recorded stats

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Most people likely won't have single player moments in their "Top 100" but anything with a social/interpersonal element can have that potential. Most people's best memories in general involve other groups or individuals outside of some grand personal achievement

For myself I have two instances that immediately come to mind:

First is when me and one of my childhood friends played through the entire of the Halo 3 co-op campaign in a single weekend. Back when we were young jits drinking Mountain Dew and eating shytty junk food all day :banderas: We also beat that Army of Two game in a single night staying up til like 4-5am. He ended up passing away in a DUI accident a few years later in high school but I'll always remember those playthroughs. I don't think I've ever binged an activity for several hours in a single sitting with one person like that.

Second moment would be when I got my PS2. My parents divorced when I was really young and I would only see my dad a few times out of the year since he lived across the country. My dad was always the go-to parent for those big ticket Christmas/Birthday gifts. He would usually come out a week or two for Christmas but about a month before he told me that he wouldn't be able to make it that year. Anyways December comes around and we're talking on the phone and he asks me what I really want for Christmas. The PS2 was new at the time so of course that was what I asked for. He said those were pretty expensive and he didn't know if he'd be able to get it, but said he might get me a $100 gift card or something to help pay for one later and mentioned that he wished he could come out to visit that year. All of the sudden there's a knock at the door and my mom told me to answer (we were living in the trenches at the time so normally my mom would never have me do that, especially at night :skip:). I go to answer the door with the phone in my hand and it's my dad with that big blue PS2 box and Best Buy bag. I was literally stunned:dead:. I was super happy to see my dad who was actually able to stay in town for a couple nights and he got me NBA Live and NBA Street game along with an extra controller. Having my parents coordinate something like that was super memorable to me and most definitely a top 100 moment in my life

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I almost don't want to engage with this topic because fukk Vlad and his opinion but one thing I'll leave here is fighting games taught me how to learn better than any of my teachers did:manny:

This topic is also why gamers themselves need to take gaming seriously as the artform it is. A life changing game is no different than a life changing book or movie

I learned to be think deeper and be more skeptical of the news because of Metal Gear Solid 2:wow:
100!

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Finally getting internet at home and playing Runescape all day for the first time
LittleBigPlanet 4 player couch co-op with my boys probably the most fun I ever had gaming ngl :mjlol:

The whole MGO2 experience

When PSN came back online after the anonymous hack

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

It's amazing to me that people don't get this. Someone playing Tetris or Mario Bros. for the first time could be a top 100 moment cause that might have dictated what they were going to do later in life. The first time I watched Hackers, I was convinced that I wanted to do Cybersecurity and haven't looked back. Why is it impossible to think that someone could have a video game be one of the top and most important moments of someone's life:gucci:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Video Games been part of the culture I can list countless beats that sampled video games

Hell I was geeked when Streetlife said switch like Bloodyroar :wow:

One of my game defining moments was when my pops bought the very first Doom back when violent games were seen as the devil lol. My older brother’s friends and mine would huddle around the monitor taking turns. Hell we even had the strategy guide with all the cheat codes :banderas:

I cop so many games now because between my pops and my brothers I always had the latest game and console

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
Playing Ball, going to my neighbors house with everyone else in the building, then ordering Chinese Food (Chicken Wings and French Fries) w/ Sprite Remix while playing Streets Vol 2 is like an entire year of my childhood.

It might not be a moment, but whenever I hear T.R.O.Y. I'm always taken back to those days.

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Getting 92 magic in RuneScape so i could ice barrage the spawns in soul wars:lolbron:

2013-2018 used to get on habbo hotel at the end of the night if nobody was on cod. Got so popular i pretty much was one of the few people that decided how everybody else session was gone go. Squad was deep AF and if we wasn't running shyt we'd be playing the games, getting drunk/high talking shyt and dying laughing. Met a few surprisingly bad chicks in my area and there was even more in the group chats.

On nights where nobody had shyt to do the next day we'd be active til the sun came up or even til noon. Prolly would still find time to hop on but devs ruined the game so that shyt is like 1% of how popping it used to be smh.

On both games there were viable ways of gambling/making money and some of us racked up a decent amount before they banned gambling just Kuz they wanted to get on the mobile app stores. Apps ended up being garbage so they pretty much eliminated a hefty portion of the community and my younger adulthood for no reason

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
One of my top 100 moments is when I was playing Shadow of the Colossus and these bad ass kids from the hood were fascinated watching saying wow what is this? This is like a movie! I was just chilling but when I turned around and saw the curiosity and wonder on their faces that actually made me enjoy the game even more.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Another moment, many years later, was when I was watching my son play on my save file of Super Mario Odyssey, we were at Princess Peach castle and he jumped on the wall with Yoshi.....and stayed there. I was like wtf? Yoshi can stick to walls? I've been playing this game this whole time and didn't know. Beat it and every thing. I was so proud of him.