Do you have any videogame experiences that are in the top 100 moments of your life?

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beating my older brother at Street Fighter when that was HIS game. He was furious. Talking all that good shyt, hiding the controllers when he left the house. Then i had to do it to em. Prodigious fisticuffs left him discombobulated to his core.

TheseTheseEkaltadeta-size_restricted.gif

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
One of my best friends from high school used to organize Halo 1 LAN parties at the school on half days when we'd be off but have nowhere better to be since everyone's parents worked. Wheel in all the TVs from all the other classrooms, plug in all the xboxes and get to the killstreaks :ohlawd:

Brodie passed some years ago. Whole squad pulled up and put our copies of the game in his coffin at the viewing :to:

Makes Halo 1 an all-time game for me purely off the strength of that, and those memories will stay forever, so definitely in the top 100 moments of my life. That said, I'll never touch Halo 1 again with him not on this plane anymore - game went with him. RIP to the boy Tito

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Parents got me a game gear..I think for my bday...shyt was decked out...they got the fukking carrying case thar looked like a brief case. And a handful of games.

Already had a game boy and I don't remember asking for a game gear, I was content with GB. We weren't rich by any means but shyt was just a :wow: moment

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

:patrice: I was thinking about this after going on a nerd bender last night. I was downloading Age Of Empires 4, Stellaris, total war Warhammer, AND Disco Elysium all at the same time and I'm not gonna lie I was excited as fukk just watching it download lmfao. Then I realized I'll be 32 next month and I'm an adult with a child wtf am I doing :mjlol::snoop:

I've accepted the fact imma play games for the rest of my life (I'm talking digital arts and these bytches, nikka) a long time ago but Vlad's take is pretty interesting. I don't think anyone on earth has actually compiled a top 100 list of best moments in their life, but I'm not convinced videogames wouldn't crack the top 100. Top 10? No way. Top 25 even fukk outta here but top 100 :jbhmm:i think about my first time playing Witcher 3 often. Like a lot a lot. So much so that I've tried repeatedly going back to play it even after the patches. Funny thing is I can't even play it anymore, for whatever reason the magic is gone. But I'll never forget that first run, just like I'll never forget beating legends of dragoon as a kid. I'm also a bit bias because I flew to San Diego to compete in MLG '08 for the weekend and man, meeting everybody you been playing with for YEARS to battle it out on stage and then drink/smoke with the cool ones after. Don't get me wrong we were outnumbered by mouth breathing nerds by a long shot but it was still fun and cool to see regular brehs kicking it at such a corny ass event lol. That reminds me, a cac got jumped leaving his hotel that weekend cause he was one of them flagrantly saying ****** on XBOX LIVE all the time. I didn't see it happen but just hearing about it and seeing him broken the day after (humble as fukk) is absolutely an experience in my top 100.

Aside from that I can't definitely say if any of those other experiences crack my top 100 but I don't think it's as ridiculous as Vlad believes. However I am absolutely guilty of OD'ng and playing for an embarrassingly long time more often than I care to admit, and a lot of it does have to do with some form of depression. nikkas be tryna escape reality... and getting high while playing the game is a cheap, amazing ass way to do it albeit not very healthy. But anyway I thought it'd be cool to get y'all perspectives on it.

Judgement free zone here, we all nerds on the inside even if I am the flyest of em all :takedat:

1st off... They got Xbox (then playstation)

For me, Videogames is life.
I connect with my son via Cuphead (not the only way but its one of them)
My earliest memory in LIFE is myself playing the Atari 2600 with my brother when I was 2yrs old.
He was 8, I vividly remember playing Combat and Atari boxing that christmas. I remember losing at first but finding and developing stratagies to beat him
Then we'd battle it out. 2 & 3yrs old I'm gaming on that type of level. I never until this moment thought what I was doing was anything special.
Now my 4yr old is playing way more advanced games and yada yada yada.

The most excited I ever got in my life... probably the first time I got to play Megaman 2. Super Mario 2 is equally up there in terms of I can't contain my excitement. Fred Savage as The Game Wizard was a big deal to me plus that first glimpse of Super Mario 3 :banderas:

I was riding through an old neighborhood with my kids a few weeks ago, the smell of the trees and area brought me back to 7th grade when I would ride my bike to a friends house who lived around there to play Military Madness and Bonk's Adventure (I think some Legendary Axe 2 :whew:

Like I fukkin keep history according to games I played at the time. I learned all the rules in sports via gaming. NHL Stanley cup taught me what the fukk icing was, what an illegal check is/etc. Nintendo did that.Shout out to Eric Lindross cuz he was laying nikkaz out back then.
I'll stop but I have a bunch of other gaming related memories that have shaped my life including one time I caught a charge over a game :yeshrug:
But that story will be for another day...

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
I still own that mattress
But that story will be for another day...
How you gonna leave the best part out nikka we wanna hear this:martin: lmao nah fr what happened where you caught a charge involving gaming? I feel like this will either be a crazy ass story, or something that has almost nothing to do with a videogame but there was a gears of war commercial playing in the background or some shyt during whatever situation got you jammed up. fukk it, Either way I'm in :lupe:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But I would imagine its the same with movies or shows - I doubt anyone is putting a movie in their top 100 life moments.

I would EASILY take that bet…it’s extremely possible someone saw a movie that had a profound effect on their mindset, etc. which would make viewing that movie a very important life moment that could be high up on a person’s “list”

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I would EASILY take that bet…it’s extremely possible someone saw a movie that had a profound effect on their mindset, etc. which would make viewing that movie a very important life moment that could be high up on a person’s “list”
Agreed, I'd argue that my cousin wouldn't have sold dope if he never saw scarface. He loved that movie and watched it religiously, knew every line and quoted lines from it regularly, was just enamored with the whole thing.

Used to play GTA3 and roleplay that tommy was tony montana instead (you can imagine how happy he was when vice city came out), it was annoying as fukk.

Now he's in and out of jail. Fantasy became reality for him :manny: you can argue that it was meant to be but I saw the real time transformation from the moment he first saw it til now