Do you have any videogame experiences that are in the top 100 moments of your life?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Gaming is our generations version of bingo for the old heads. We will be enjoying gaming nights well into our golden years. just like they enjoy bingo.
Most of the critiques i see about it have no historical basis in fact because we're the first to grew up and grow old with this stuff. This shyt really started with our generation, and ultimately we will determine what are the norms and what is healthy vs unhealthy behavior is with this past time.

Its generally people on the outside looking in that have the strongest opinions on whats correct behavior. reminds me of back in the late 90s when older people constantly hated on computers and internet, and claimed they were "not a computer person" as a badge of honor. 30 years later you look stupid and are consider socially inept if say you don't know how to use the internet or don't mess with computers unless you are extremely elderly.

Going on and on about abusing your hobbies and spending too much time on it is just deflection anti gamers make. That argument can be applied to anything, and its usually people who spend all day watching tv, or spend hours invested in their favorite book that say stuff like that not realizing the irony that they are doing the same thing with their chosen method of entertainment.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Gaming is our generations version of bingo for the old heads. We will be enjoying gaming nights well into our golden years. just like they enjoy bingo.
Most of the critiques i see about it have no historical basis in fact because we're the first to grew up and grow old with this stuff. This shyt really started with our generation, and ultimately we will determine what are the norms and what is healthy vs unhealthy behavior is with this past time.

Its generally people on the outside looking in that have the strongest opinions on whats correct behavior. reminds me of back in the late 90s when older people constantly hated on computers and internet, and claimed they were "not a computer person" as a badge of honor. 30 years later you look stupid and are consider socially inept if say you don't know how to use the internet or don't mess with computers unless you are extremely elderly.

Going on and on about abusing your hobbies and spending too much time on it is just deflection anti gamers make. That argument can be applied to anything, and its usually people who spend all day watching tv, or listening to music that say stuff like that not realizing the irony that they are doing the same thing with their chosen method of entertainment.
Yep. Pretty much all this. Tho there is a difference a bit with gaming as opposed to music/tv in that it's much more interactive than passive in like 99% of games. But even that can be levied as a positive as well, in some facets.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yep. Pretty much all this. Tho there is a difference a bit with gaming as opposed to music/tv in that it's much more interactive than passive in like 99% of games. But even that can be levied as a positive as well, in some facets.
Actually I do think the interactivity is positive. In fact i suspect our generation will have stronger minds and less issues with dementia when we reach elderly age as a direct result of us having more interactive and mentally stimulating leisure hobbies than the previous generations. We are constantly testing our short term memory and our reflexes.
I would not be surprised if a study 30 years in future determines we benefited mental health wise from that.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Why y'all posting shyt like this but scared to share lmao speak on it breh
I just didn't think that hard on it when I originally posted. A few things come to mind

- my dad wasn't in my life until after I turned roughly 7 or 8. The very first christmas we spent together at my grandma's house the major gift he got me was a ps2. First game I remember playing with him was gauntlet dark legacy so I remember that day and game pretty fondly.

- memories of me and my cousins huddled up around the TV playing 007, smash, etc is a major talking point for us when we reminisce now that we're older

- first time I felt emotion or cried in any media was when E-101 blew up in sonic adventure at the end of his story

- the first time playing (and beating) KH1 is probably top 100 for me, still one of my fav game series of all time despite all the bullshyt that came with that series.

- mass effect trilogy in general is one of the best storylines I've ever experienced in media.

- a lot of my early school friendships were started because of videogames, my day 1 homie that I'm still cool with, our friendship started with us taking our GBAs with us on a bus, I think we both were playing DBZ legacy of goku or something along those lines, which sparked our 1st conversation

- the night I lost my virginity was unexpected, was teaching her how to play mario party earlier that day which I don't that interaction specifically sparked it but had it's role in what happened later on that day.

I'm sure there's more. Games have definitely had more of a lasting effect on me in general, and playing them as long as I have has probably influenced a lot of the people I ended up meeting and was around growing up.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
only one…said it on here before…similar topic but I was in hiding…and broke…I had a computer but no internet access…I had put some emulators and a shyt ton of ROMs on it a while back tho…that shyt held me down and I had fun playing old NES, SNES and genesis games…everything else for me was fukked up situation-wise but I took a lot of solace in gaming during that time

Last edited:

Genos

Superstar
Daps
RE7 in VR for the first time and Tetris effect VR on shrooms. Good times