Votes: 24 13.1%

• Total voters

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Bullshyt. Just because something is fundamental to a field doesn't mean it's covered in the introductory courses

Except you don't realize what you're saying is ridiculous.

If it's fundamental to the field, YOU MUST LEARN ABOUT IT.

You cannot learn algebra without understanding addition.

I'm still waiting to hear what physics courses a biologist would take that deal with the fundamental nature of spacetime

And you're going to continue waiting, because

1. I ain't nobody's dancing monkey. If I felt up to providing evidence for something, I'd do that, but you ain't my father, and you ain't old enough to be my father. And

2. it's irrelevant. I'm not a biologist; I studied biology. There's a difference, one that you don't seem to understand, as it's clear when you called yourself a physicist, you meant you took courses. At least, that's what it seems like.

Gravity warps spacetime but you don't discuss what implications that has for the nature of time in your introductory physics course; in fact, the only place where "gravity warps spacetime" is even dealt with in anything more than a perfunctory sense is in general relativity courses (NOT the special relativity that you "might" have encountered in your 1st or 2nd physics course) and in advanced astrophysics courses that assume knowledge of general relativity

What do you think you're saying here? Are you e-peening, right now, attempting to preen your prefucntory knowledge of a topic on the internet, like some kind of digital peacock?

Fam, we're not debating spacetime, we're debating the supernatural, and why you believe it makes sense for the supernatural to exist. Let's stick to that topic, because we've been from here to Timbuctoo.

You obviously didn't read the links, because they cited numerous peer-reviewed papers

Citing papers and writing a paper are completely different things. Why are you playing dumb?? Do you think you're debating a fool?

I can cite a paper in a debunk. Wake me up when those arguments are published in a scientific journal, and have undergone peer review, and stop fukking insulting my intelligence.

That's because the only thing physicists have come up with to explain the existence of spacetime are potential hypotheses

:huhldup:

This is a textbook circular argument. You don't want the supernatural to explain anything, therefore you declare it isn't allowed to explain anything

:wtf:

What explanative power does the supernatural have, Rhakim? What the hell are you talking about?!

You are out of your mind right now :dead:

But that's not my argument. My argument isn't "we don't know what happened therefore God did it". My argument is, "the nature of reality doesn't even allow a valid naturalistic explanation for how spacetime could come into being"

First of all, this argument is incredibly, and utterly wrong.

But further, that was not your argument. Your argument was:

Thus it seems perfectly logical that a supernatural being can exist outside of time and thus be eternal and non-created, but no natural, material realm can.

I'll accept you that this is you attempting to clarify, even though it's a backpedal, but you quite clearly started this by telling me it's perfectly logical (to you) that a supernatural being can exist outside of time. That's a god of the gaps argument. We don't know, therefore it's logical (to you) that a supernatural being exists there

Sorry, but that's what you said :hubie:

You're playing with words. Evidence exists in reality, but "measurable" is not a requirement of it

:DWILL: :DWILL: :DWILL: :DWILL: :DWILL:

Breh, you sound like xCivicx right now. This is nonsensical.

For example, I have plenty of evidence my wife loves me, but there's no objective way to measure that, and any claimed measurement for to prove she "loves" me could also be explained away by other factors

Your wife is still with you. That is measurable, in that we can see, and count the amount of days/months/years you've been together. That's one way. Another is that when you die, if she is still alive, she will almost certainly cry. That is a indisputable sign that someone loves you, and that can be verified through physical means.

:ufdup:

The same goes for numerous concepts we all base our lives around (like free will, moral truth, any experiential feelings, or philosophy and logic in general), and yet we still base our lives around those beliefs based on the impossible-to-measure evidence that we've seen

And yet, none of those concepts matter in the realm of the hard sciences, therefore, have no bearing on this topic.

Now, for the last time-- let's take this to the DMs.

Daps
Regular asian buddhism in most countries where it is practiced is full of references to gods, and ancient buddhist texts like the Lalitavistara Sutra say that Buddha came from the gods and credit the gods with placing the specific trials before Buddha to remind him of his enlightenment.
And there's plenty of Buddhists who don't believe in these gods. None of which are creator gods anyway.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
REALLY? TO ME HE JUST SOUND LIKE A VERY DUMB NERD WHO STUDIES A LOT DUE TO BEING SOCIALLY MALADJUSTED OUTSIDE OF THE INTERNET

NO BETTER THAN BEING A COMPUTER
That's fair of you to think that Sccit. When it comes to the internet stuff as you mentioned I think that's where his talents shine.
THESE TYPES RARELY HAVE ANY NATURAL WISDOM
I agree when it comes to divine wisdom. It talks about that in Proverbs the 1st chapter. "A fool despises wisdom and instructions"

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
That's fair of you to think that Sccit. When it comes to the internet stuff as you mentioned I think that's where his talents shine.

I agree when it comes to divine wisdom. It talks about that in Proverbs the 1st chapter. "A fool despises wisdom and instructions"
youre also born with the same things you leave with

wisdom can get you taken into captivity and sold into slavery.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Not really. I just live my life and try to be a good person.
i see, well thats what most people are trying to do.

Maybe if I can help you and give you some of my own framework, is to cease considering yourself good or evil. And just think: "what if my words and deeds all returned to me in some capacity, forever"

then read Genesis 1 and ask why God called it good.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm an agnostic theis. I think there is a "god" but we'll ever know who or what that means

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
I believe but everyone is their own man/woman you make your own decisions.

I’ll say this though. What do you lose by living your life the way god intended you to if there isn’t 1? I say nothing. Now if God does exist what do you lose by not living your life the way he intended?