Votes: 24 13.1%

• Total voters

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
To be fair, Hebrew is a highly context-sensitive language and those with rather limited havanah (who are unable to read, write or speak Hebrew) cannot be expected to grasp all the subtle nuances of the language. Note also that the 'old testament' is written in any language other than Hebrew—so of course the only instances in which its readers will ever see the word Baʿal is in its context as a proper noun.

Yes, but
אֲדוֹנִי ʾadoni ('sir!') is spelled with a hirik gadol (=man) and not a kamatz (=God), whereas בַּעַל has no such form. I understand your point, but Colicat's contention (albeit through plain ignorance of the Hebrew language) is with the term בַּעַל and its use outside of the ancient deity; though in fact בַּעַל is used in various contexts, the majority of which have nothing whatever to do with deities (idols).
perhaps a reinterpretation is in order :obama:

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
Contradicting yourself. Do I know or am I ignorant? And not only am I ignorant but so are @Sccit and @Koichos.

@Koichos looks like he actually writes and reads Hebrew. Do you? If not you're the ignorant one out of the two mentioned.

But I know in your heart you want to apologize and seems like you're dealing with a spirit of double-mindedness and pride that's making it hard for you to apologize.

So I accept.
qhKjEZr.png

That would explain why you're trying to be dominant (masculine) and docile (feminine) at the same time as well that's called double-mindedness.

JPS Tanakh Psalm 119:113
113 I hate them that are of a double mind, But Thy law do I love.
James 1:8 kjv
8 A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways.

1 Peter 3:8 kjv
8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

But @Colicat I do want to sincerely say thank you. Dealing with you and quoting all these scriptures I just learned something new and insightful about myself and the scriptures.

A double mind and positive character traits are not the same.
Your projections are an indication that my initial estimation of your antics are true.

Scripture in isolation is no conclusion. I definitely encourage you to continue with a robust study of God’s word.

Be well.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
A double mind and positive character traits are not the same.
Your projections are an indication that my initial estimation of your antics are true.

Scripture in isolation is no conclusion. I definitely encourage you to continue with a robust study of God’s word.

Be well.
Double Minded, and incoherent. A more robust study but I listed sources for everything I said and we have people in the thread who speak, read and write Hebrew substantiating the point.

With all love Sis, You getting blocked. I'm applying proverbs 23:9 with all love.

I don't want a double-minded person dealing with a spirit of pride and confusion messaging me.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
:hubie:

@Colicat do you wear Nikes?

Shoes are named after a Greek deity :sas2:

Maybe make some bookings on a Sunday/Monday, both named after Nordic deities
Nike just means victory and is spelled out on most orthodox icons of christ in greek under "IC XC"

1024px-ICXC_NIKA.svg.png

Matthew the Apostle & Evangelist​

The Gospel According to Matthew 9:9-13​

At that time, as Jesus passed on, he saw a man called Matthew sitting at the tax office; and he said to him, "Follow me." And he rose and followed him.
And as he sat at table in the house, behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Jesus and his disciples. And when the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" But when he heard it, he said, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.' For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
perhaps a reinterpretation is in order :obama:
No, definitely not—there is an 'official' Hebrew understanding of the T'na"ch, generally speaking. Jews may argue about trivia, such as whether the time of had'lakat neirοt (lighting shabbat candles) marking the beginning of shabbat should be fifteen minutes or eighteen minutes before sh'kiyʿah (sunset), but on matters of actual Law as distinct from custom we are in complete agreement with each other.

This is why the religious practices vary subtly between the different rituals: the wording of bir'kat hamazon (grace after meals) in
מִנְהַג הַסְּפָרַדִיִים minhag has'faradiyim (@Sccit's family's custom) may not be the same as the formula used in מִנְהַג הַגְּרָ״א minhag haGR"Aʾ (my family's custom), nevertheless they both fulfill His direct command to 'bless ʾAdοnay your God' after having eaten (D'varım 8:10).

Explain.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS