What happens after you die breh?

• Total voters

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
charmander said:
but wouldn't the belief in something beyond the physical realm essentially be a belief in the supernatural/paranormal? what's separating someone who believes in an afterlife from someone who believes in ghosts and elves and reptilian overlords :leon:

Well, you believe in morals which are beyond the physical realm. Are they 'supernatural/paranormal'?

You also believe in 'good' and 'evil' both of which are not physical manifestations of anything material. Are they 'supernatural' as well?​

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
Well, you believe in morals which are beyond the physical realm. Are they 'supernatural/paranormal'?

You also believe in 'good' and 'evil' both of which are not physical manifestations of anything material. Are they 'supernatural' as well?​

those are just acquired views on the world cultivated from experiences, there isn't a quantifiable space or dimension that holds ideals or morals, so it isn't really comparable to an afterlife that is supposed to transcend death and put a person's consciousness/spirit/ in another plane of existence :manny:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
charmande said:
those are just acquired views on the world cultivated from experiences, there isn't a quantifiable space or dimension that holds ideals or morals, so it isn't really comparable to an afterlife that is supposed to transcend death and put a person's consciousness/spirit/ in another plane of existence :manny:

'Good' and 'evil' are not 'cultivated from experiences'. Neither are morals. They exist independently of ourselves and our experiences and thus transcend the physical/material. Belief in an afterlife is equivalent to belief in morality in the sense that neither can be quantified due to their transcendent natures. You just 'believe' they exist.

:whoo:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lmao, as if wishing really hard makes something true. Hope all you want, but it seems like we're all destined for the same fate .... sorry brehs. :rip:

Nope :umad:

Thats what your destined for if you keep up that :demonic: lifestyle

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
'Good' and 'evil' are not 'cultivated from experiences'. Neither are morals. They exist independently of ourselves and our experiences and thus transcend the physical/material. Belief in an afterlife is equivalent to belief in morality in the sense that neither can be quantified due to their transcendent natures. You just 'believe' they exist.

:whoo:

everyone's concepts of good and evil aren't uniform tho :manny:

i don't believe that your personality (which decides things like right or wrong, good or evil, morals etc) exists independently of yourself...i think it's something like a profile that you accumulate over your years on the earth, whether through conditioning or observation or experience

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
charmander said:

I disagree. Ask 100 people if torturing a baby for fun is morally 'good' or 'evil'.

charmander said:
i don't believe that your personality (which decides things like right or wrong, good or evil, morals etc) exists independently of yourself...i think it's something like a profile that you accumulate over your years on the earth, whether through conditioning or observation or experience

'Wrong' is 'wrong' regardless, and independent, of personality.​

Chris Mauro

Banned
Daps

I disagree. Ask 100 people if torturing a baby for fun is morally 'good' or 'evil'.

God never killed babies? read the bible breh....every baby/infant/toddler who wasn't on noah's ark literally got DROWNED....that's the worse kind of torture a person could get :laugh: (but I guess those babies were evil and wicked somehow)

but that aside Human beings harvest animal BABIES (unborn fetuses/babies) for consumption. (AND GOD ALLOWS THIS)

They take newborn cows and tie ropes around their heads so that the animal doesn't grow and the meat stays small and tender. They then go onto sell it's meat to supermarkets.

but these animals lack a hypothetical soul that only homo sapiens somehow possess (apparently Neanderthal, homo erectus, homo heidelbergensis, homo ergaster, homo habilis, and Homo floresiensis did not have souls tho) so it makes their precious lives expendable and less important than our lives, because we were made in God's image (apparently God is a mammalian vertebrate also)

if u eat baby back ribs or eggs ur a child murderer

Daps

BINGO.

We look at the same physical world. So how can it be that me and you can look at the same things, the same processes, and it be interpreted differently?:ohhh:

This alone is witness that there exists a realm independent from what is seen. One that yes, you cannot see nor touch, yet is in actuality realer to you than the physical realm in and of itself.

Daps

'Wrong' is 'wrong' regardless, and independent, of personality.​

NEGATIVE.

Ask the ancient people of Canaan. Of whom used to sacrifice their babies by fire to Molech, a Canaanite god. To them what they were doing was "good" because they were serving their god.

Morality is only seemingly uniform because in modern times we have 3 religions who dominate the world, all of which proceed from the same stem. Abrahamic. Which is an acceptance based on tradition, not natural choice.