Do women wash their panties and hang them up at your house?

Do women wash their underwear at your house?

• Eww, ain’t nobody got time for that

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Yes, that’s normal

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
I feel that a lot of practices start due to poverty.

Hand washing your drawers makes sense when you're sharing living space with others and don't have a washing machine.

As a matter of respect, you don't leave your underwear out for someone else to wash. People see that being done but lose sight of the reason.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I learned about this during the pandemic. Never heard of anyone, friends or family, doing this before that

I get it. Once they broke it down it's basically a prewash before the "big wash"

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
None of the women in my family do this and I’ve never messed with a chick before that did this. Must be a cultural thing like Caribbean
It definitely is, I think it’s from pre washing machine days
Definitely a (1st generation) West Indian thing.
For sure
Ive seen handwashing and hanging up to dry, but why would you do this at someone else's house
If I came over and didn’t plan to stay, I’m gonna need fresh draws to wear home.

Y’all lucky I ain’t hung that bytch up behind the fridge or on the radiator

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I mean, logically, what do you think is going to happen to them if they sit in the hamper for a week before laundry day vs being washed same day in your sink? We have washing machines, they get stuff really clean, kinda their job…I get a lot of this started back when people didn’t have washing machines but issa new day

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Move over on this side of the pond for a year. See for yourself just how many don't wash their hands after using the restroom nor scrub themselves in the shower/bath, then laugh heartily at yourself that this would even be a question to be asked.

Done talk :hubie:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
fukk naw.
ass and draws should
fall through clean.
UKVu0t8.gif

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Some West Indian chick said something like she has to date within her culture because she didn't want to explain why she does this a while back and it started a whole thing.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Rarely, but then again I come from a middle to upper middle class Caribbean family on my Mom's side in which we didn't live rural.
Friends of middle and lower class families, when I was at their houses, I'd see 'female skivvies' hung up in such a manner but that's cultural as we both know.
Been with a few girls who did this for certain drawers, but me and women often clash when it comes to washing clothes, because I wash ONCE a week, wear all black so I don't separate shyt and I don't pre-wash/clean nothing, I just fill the washer, add the detergent and keep it moving.
Last time I was privy to a female doing this was 2017 after the Hurricane(s) knocked the power out for damn near a year, so we was all dipping and kneading in buckets, but it ain't as common anymore or held strictly to households that don't have reliable street (government) water running.​

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
This thread reminds me of Movado's track house cleaning.

"Gyal coulda pretty like Ashanti, It's against the law fi wash panty"

:mjlol:

We actually use this as an insult lol. I know it's stupid but I can't tell my guys that I clean the house lol. God forbid my boy hears I made my bed.

I swear Jamaicans kill me
:russ:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My Liberian GF used to hand wash her panties in the shower and hang them in the bathroom