Do we have any electrician's on the coli

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I would say this. If you live in the midwest or the south you can :eat: as an electrician. I had a cousin that was a former Crip. After she got in trouble with the law she moved to Tennessee and went to trade school and apprenticed now she has a small company with 3 employees and is living nicely. It seems to be indemand as the older ones are retiring en masse.

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Z
I would say this. If you live in the midwest or the south you can :eat: as an electrician. I had a cousin that was a former Crip. After she got in trouble with the law she moved to Tennessee and went to trade school and apprenticed now she has a small company with 3 employees and is living nicely. It seems to be indemand as the older ones are retiring en masse.
She doing good

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
@Dreamzeedream
Not in the union, but they take off about $300 a month after taxes

If they taking 300 a month then you doing real good for yourself. They take out about 3%. That 3% gives you a lot. Schooling, medical, paid vacation and time off, job security, etc. I'm not an electrician but I'm in a similar field. For the first time in 10 years I'm working in a non union shop. shyt is wack. Ya must not really understand where we would all be without the unions.

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Dreamzeedream

If they taking 300 a month then you doing real good for yourself. They take out about 3%. That 3% gives you a lot. Schooling, medical, paid vacation and time off, job security, etc. I'm not an electrician but I'm in a similar field. For the first time in 10 years I'm working in a non union shop. shyt is wack. Ya must not really understand where we would all be without the unions.

Explain

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I said this before in another thread but that’s one skill I’m dying to learn. That and welding. I’m trying to get on that professional level. I hear the words breaker and copper wires and I’m like :what:. I guarantee I’ll learn it within two years

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens

Sure but first. I just checked my local electrical union and they pay 262 every 6 months. I would gladly pay that every month for the benefits I'd get with them.

Without unions everybody's pay would be significantly less. We would still be working 16 hour days 7 days a week and only getting paid the hours we are physically working. We would not have medical benefits. Children would still be working in factories. Workplace conditions would be shyt. You'd have no rights. No unemployment benefits. The list is endless.
A major reason why America is so fukked up is because the decline in union membership.

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said this before in another thread but that’s one skill I’m dying to learn. That and welding. I’m trying to get on that professional level. I hear the words breaker and copper wires and I’m like :what:. I guarantee I’ll learn it within two years
Which one your going for

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens

I work low voltage and electrical work looks much easier. I am interested in the future of electrical work with the rise of poe

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
If you blue collar and not union I won’t ever understand that. Unless you are the owner.

The only reason why I left to a non union shop is because this shop only does prevailing work.

The Oracle

Expat
Daps
Reppin
the world
retired. just remember kids, don't touch the black one or the red one and you'll be fine :lolbron:

s-l300.jpg