Do we have any electrician's on the coli

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Depends on where you live and if you’re in a union. You don’t even need to do trade school. If you can get into the apprentice program you go to school while learning on the job. You won’t be making much during the apprenticeship but afterwards you can be making close to 50 an hour with great benefits
With no experience at all?

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If/when you become an electrician, a good way to make money is to get with house flippers and do the work for them for money on the back end. A friend of mine will clear 125k easily this year because he got plugged in and was doing all the wiring etc. upfront for money when the houses sold. Easy way to stay busy if you can build connections and if you are able to work for “free” upfront with money coming later

:salute:
That's good idea. So he did the work for free an got paid once the house was sold?

TL15

Veteran
Daps
That's good idea. So he did the work for free an got paid once the house was sold?

Yep.

Basically does the work up front and collects a percentage of the money on the back end. It's smart because he isn't charging the renovators in their budget so they are happy, and he gets in on the upside. It's good to show your work first and then get the money if you are good and confident, and there are more people who can pay later once the house is sold than people who want to pay during renovation :manny:

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My boy is an electrician in a union in nyc. Dude pulls 80/hr. 100+/hr with overtime. No college degree, got in in an apprenticeship and they paid for the trade school.

Easiest way in is to know someone already in the union.

Only thing is, you're not working a daily job, there can be stretches where there is no job to do. Dude went months without a job, so they picketed the union, like holding signs n shyt..
Apprenticeship is $17/hour but they make u do the hard shyt, like climbing thru insulation to run wire.

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My boy is an electrician in a union in nyc. Dude pulls 80/hr. 100+/hr with overtime. No college degree, got in in an apprenticeship and they paid for the trade school.

Easiest way in is to know someone already in the union
re not working a daily job, there can be stretches where there is no job to do. Dude went months without a job, so they picketed the union, like holding signs n shyt..
Apprenticeship is $17/hour but they make u do the hard shyt, like climbing thru insulation to run wire.
That's the only thing. I need a daily job. 40hrs a week plus overtime

Shabazz

All Star
Daps

Easiest way in is to know someone already in the union.

Only thing is, you're not working a daily job, there can be stretches where there is no job to do. Dude went months without a job, so they picketed the union, like holding signs n shyt..
i know the ibew in toronto tries to make sure that once you get laid off at one company the union tries to find you work immediately with another company under the union. They dont do that in NY? or maybe there really wasn't any work at all.

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Correct. You learn on the job and go to school at the same time. You might have classes twice a week. Pay isn’t the greatest during your apprenticeship but probably more than doubles once you’re done. They also have great benefits.
I'm about to look into it right now. I just Google apprenticeship right?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'm a fully qualified electrician. But I did my time in Australia and work in Australia.

The money here is more than what they pay electricians in the U.S.. When I came out my time I was earning 90k Aussie dollars a year (about 70k US dollars).

The most I've earnt in a financial year is 120k when I was working away in an Australian gold mine in my 2nd year out of my time.

Now I'm just building my bread so I can start my own company here... my friend started his own 3 years ago and earns about 180k a year now with 2 guys under him.

In the U.S they pay a little less out of your time than here in Aus because I looked at comin back to the U.S.

I'm trying to buy a house over there soon and recolate back home so I wanna know what they pay over there nowadays cos the last time a nikka checked was 5years ago and it had a nikka shook at the peanuts they was paying nikkas :picard:

I wanna say it is in the teen range per hour area.
It has been like a decade plus since I was in construction school and an engineer tech I slash Inspector.

Art Barr

• Dap
Reactions: Mal

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
so can someone from here give me a rough estimate of what a residential/commercial/industrial electrician takes home in a week over there??

Google gives all sorts of wild figures it's hard to gauge what's facts n what's doo doo

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I make 24k(12 an hr) a year now so 52 will be/is a huge diffrence. But I want the 90k. I did some research. The 10 states have the highest wages for electrian

1. Wyoming
  2. North Dakota
  3. Alaska
  4. Indiana
  5. Nevada
  6. Washington
  7. Illinois
  8. Michigan
  9. Montana
  10. Kansas
What your opinion on electrical technician's ?
52 I guess is pretty good for a young fella.

I'm 10years in the game now so I wanna be making that 90k now. dunno how easy that is in the states tho, seems like you needa know someone to get on a union site ( like how it is here in Australia smh.. and white folk aint lookin out for a nikka like me).
I'm currently making 80k aussie dollars which ain't bad but I'm thinking of starting my own company and make 6figures again

electrical technicians? don't know many of those.. only dudes I know who are electrical techs are guys who did their apprenticeship in the navy or army. I think it's not as good a qualification as an electrician or instrument electrician.