Do we have any electrician's on the coli

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Apprentice Electrician here.

My job is paying my way though trade school at the IEC

logo-new.png

Just got off work too they got me working overnight changing out lights in an office. Getting paid 15% more:banderas:

shyt is easy money.

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
My boy is an electrician in a union in nyc. Dude pulls 80/hr. 100+/hr with overtime. No college degree, got in in an apprenticeship and they paid for the trade school.

Easiest way in is to know someone already in the union.

Only thing is, you're not working a daily job, there can be stretches where there is no job to do. Dude went months without a job, so they picketed the union, like holding signs n shyt..
Apprenticeship is $17/hour but they make u do the hard shyt, like climbing thru insulation to run wire.

This is true I'm always climbing though some shyt.

Last week they had me up in the attic at a dirty ass mexican restaurant. Rats everywhere.

Was on my hand and knees crawling over dead rats and rat shyt running some mc from the managers office to a box outside.

shyt was awful, but hey it pays the bills and I'm doing it now so one day I will be able to make someone else do the bytch work.

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
You with the ibew?

Naw I'm with the IEC (CENTEX IEC - Electrician Training & Mentoring Programs) they are not a union like the IBEW.

I did my 4 week pre apprentice class at my local IBEW building here in ATX though.

The IEC is a group of contractors nationwide that train apprentice electricians to become journeymen.

In 4 years I will be a Journeyman making good money with a work truck and gas card.

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

logo-new.png

Just got off work too they got me working overnight changing out lights in an office. Getting paid 15% more:banderas:

shyt is easy money.
Naw I'm with the IEC (CENTEX IEC - Electrician Training & Mentoring Programs) they are not a union like the IBEW.

I did my 4 week pre apprentice class at my local IBEW building here in ATX though.

The IEC is a group of contractors nationwide that train apprentice electricians to become journeymen.

In 4 years I will be a Journeyman making good money with a work truck and gas card.
How are you getting paid now if u dont mind me asking?. I thought you had to go to trade school first then become a apprentice

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

logo-new.png

shyt is easy money.
How long is your apprenticeship?. Just one in my city but the apprenticeship is 5 years tho

Last edited:

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Depends on where you live and if you’re in a union. You don’t even need to do trade school. If you can get into the apprentice program you go to school while learning on the job. You won’t be making much during the apprenticeship but afterwards you can be making close to 50 an hour with great benefits

:picard::picard::picard:.....Sit in a classroom doing general studies courses on ancient Greece and its impact on modern societies instead of going straight to trade school brehs :wow::francis::sadbron:

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

logo-new.png

shyt is easy money.
Hey. Breh. Do the electrian apprentice get paid weekly or bi weekky