• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I’m gonna be with the people on top of the building with welcome signs. I’ll get blasted first, but hey, I’ve always been interested in welcoming our extraterrestrial overlords :yeshrug:

I just realized our country will definitely be the first to go. White folks are gonna be up there starting stuff talking bout this a hoax. Social media trolls gonna be all out live streaming. People will be out looting. We will be so easy to pick off.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I just realized our country will definitely be the first to go. White folks are gonna be up there starting stuff talking bout this a hoax. Social media trolls gonna be all out live streaming. People will be out looting. We will be so easy to pick off.
lol @ the govt trying to keep us inside for our safety and MAGA's out there talking bout "mah freedumbs"

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
The military budget is over-bloated. How can you be for smaller government, yet believe defense cuts aren't necessary? :heh:
Said no one.

However, I no longer believe our defense "over-bloated".:manny:

Half of discretionary spending is spent on defense, thats 15% of our budget. If im looking to shrink gov, im not starting there.
2.1.2.1.png

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Said no one.

However, I no longer believe our defense "over-bloated".:manny:

Half of discretionary spending is spent on defense, thats 15% of our budget. If im looking to shrink gov, im not starting there.
2.1.2.1.png
where do you start? :comeon:

1920px-Federal_Revenue_and_Spending.png

there's no reason our military budget is so bloated other than 1) playing world cop while all these other countries get to focus on spending on their citizens and 2) fueling unabated capitalism of the defense sector lining the pockets of execs, lobbyists and all the ex-congressmen and military officers who hold high office in these corps

Military_Expenditures_2018_SIPRI.png

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
there's no reason our military budget is so bloated other than 1) playing world cop while all these other countries get to focus on spending on their citizens and 2) fueling unabated capitalism of the defense sector lining the pockets of execs, lobbyists and all the ex-congressmen and military officers who hold high office in these corps
You'd prefer Russia provided the stability? or maybe China? :ld: or is your argument let weaker nations fend for themselves, whatever happens, happens... we gotta focus on us?

where do you start?
Abolishing the current welfare state and instituting a generous UBI(via the IRS)... then i'd tackle healthcare.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You'd prefer Russia provided the stability? or maybe China? :ld: or is your argument let weaker nations fend for themselves, whatever happens, happens... we gotta focus on us?

Abolishing the current welfare state and instituting a generous UBI(via the IRS)... then i'd tackle healthcare.
lol @ welfare state. where?

and russia and china won't do a worse job than us...:ld: but the point is we outspend the next 6 combined. our "closest allies" let us do all the defense spending while they can actually provide real services and saftey nets for their citizens. so again, miss me with welfare state when even in a crisis like this year, we let businesses die and the unemployed go without help for months.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Yeah whatever happened to the world before there was a country who could play world cop :unimpressed:

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Why do we have the marines and the army? If you want to be infantry just join the army. Why does the navy have an infantry unit?

Why does the navy have pilots? Shouldn't a pilot be in the air force?

Why does the army have astronauts? Shouldn't they be in NASA?

There seems to be alot of overlap in the military.

Last edited:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
lol @ welfare state. where?
Safety nets, welfare programs, entitlements, whatever you want to call them. The largest expenditures in the budget.

and russia and china won't do a worse job than us...:ld:
j0B5t0g.png

but the point is we outspend the next 6 combined. our "closest allies" let us do all the defense spending while they can actually provide real services and saftey nets for their citizens. so again, miss me with welfare state when even in a crisis like this year, we let businesses die and the unemployed go without help for months.
Of course we do.
Why would you expect the cost of policing the planet to be remotely close to cost of defending ones own borders?
How much value do you place on global stability?
Do you we believe we should intervene in genocides and other evils globally?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Safety nets, welfare programs, entitlements, whatever you want to call them. The largest expenditures in the budget.

j0B5t0g.png

Of course we do.
Why would you expect the cost of policing the planet to be remotely close to cost of defending ones own borders?
How much value do you place on global stability?
Do you we believe we should intervene in genocides and other evils globally?
the point is we don't need to be policing the world :what:
plenty of countries intervene in genocides and provide aid without having the biggest military.

and the US has made an absolute shyt show of the world during their era of fretting about russia during the cold war - britain, france, the US and russia are basically responsible for damn near all the conflicts happening right now. don't give me that face as if we've been righteous actors, the only reason the US doesn't fall back is because it's two "commie" powers who are jockeying to be the leading military influence, if it were great britain, germany or france, the US would gladly pull back.

:dead: @ do i value stability...my nikka is drunk on the wilsonian kool-aid :mjlol: :aicmon: