Do we Abolish the Space Force??

Abolish Spaceforce

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Safety nets, welfare programs, entitlements, whatever you want to call them. The largest expenditures in the budget.

Well that's simple.
  • Raise the Social Security taxable limit to 250k.
  • Implement M4A and raise Medicare tax.
  • Implement Guaranteed Jobs program and far less need for Welfare.
Not only shores up revenue but actually puts money in the right place. Don't have to risk your life just to enter the middle class.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
the point is we don't need to be policing the world
plenty of countries intervene in genocides and provide aid without having the biggest military.
:pachaha:I’m not mad at that, the strongest nation on Earth probably should turn its focus inward and respect the autonomy of others?

I just don’t see it as realistic.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Well that's simple.
  • Raise the Social Security taxable limit to 250k.
  • Implement M4A and raise Medicare tax.
  • Implement Guaranteed Jobs program and far less need for Welfare.
Not only shores up revenue but actually puts money in the right place. Don't have to risk your life just to enter the middle class.
Or just abolish all of that at the federal level and put a UBI in place.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Or just abolish all of that at the federal level and put a UBI in place.
that's terrible...so we give everyone $1000/month...that doesn't cover a health care plan, housing subsidies, grocery subsidies, it's less than SS that some people collect, it doesn't fund UI and so on and so on

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
UBI would never cover all of that. Plus inflation would go crazy. You not slick son. :ufdup:
that's terrible...so we give everyone $1000/month...that doesn't cover a health care plan, housing subsidies, grocery subsidies, it's less than SS that some people collect, it doesn't fund UI and so on and so on
No, it would have to be around 3-4000 a month to every citizen*, eliminating poverty in the U.S.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Said no one.

However, I no longer believe our defense "over-bloated".:manny:

Half of discretionary spending is spent on defense, thats 15% of our budget. If im looking to shrink gov, im not starting there.

Abolishing the current welfare state and instituting a generous UBI(via the IRS)... then i'd tackle healthcare.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

You could have at least made a few more posts before you tried to burn the candle at both ends. :russ:

It's telling that welfare is #1 on your list for cuts, while defense spending isn't because it's "only" 15% of the budget. Welfare is roughly 4% of discretionary spending (making it a fraction of a percent in the total budget); how is that a bigger drain than defense (57% of discretionary spending)? :gucci:

(And no, I don't factor in Medicaid/Medicare into "welfare", because it's part of the mandatory budget, among other things. The current free market approach to healthcare, combined with limited flexibility for the insured, drives up healthcare costs.)

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

You could have at least made a few more posts before you tried to burn the candle at both ends. :russ:

It's telling that welfare is #1 on your list for cuts, while defense spending isn't because it's "only" 15% of the budget. Welfare is roughly 4% of discretionary spending (making it a fraction of a percent in the total budget); how is that a bigger drain than defense (57% of discretionary spending)? :gucci:

(And no, I don't factor in Medicaid/Medicare into "welfare", because it's part of the mandatory budget, among other things. The current free market approach to healthcare, combined with limited flexibility for the insured, drives up healthcare costs.)
Let me be clear, I’d like a generous UBI and every safety net, welfare, etc program abolished including social security and Medicaid.

...the federal government should IMO, eliminate poverty within its borders and let each person be responsible for the rest.

also, there is no “current free market approach”.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Back on topic, I believe space technology has become integral to both military operations and to society at large... and IMO the field warrants the same level of military attention given to the specializations of other service branches...

Space force is going to be increasingly more important moving forward imo.
The difference between it and the Air Forces space command have been thoroughly explained in front of congress, and I see no reason to get rid of it other than to snub Trump.
:yeshrug:

At this point in time I think a space force makes more sense than the marines.
Just roll the marine corps into the navy:lolbron:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Let me be clear, I’d like a generous UBI and every safety net, welfare, etc program abolished including social security and Medicaid.

...the federal government should IMO, eliminate poverty within its borders and let each person be responsible for the rest.

also, there is no “current free market approach”.

Big Government Libertarianism, ladies and gentlemen :mjlol:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I think at this point, NASA's budget should be 3 to 4x larger than Space Force and Space Command. You're not fighting aliens. You're not using satellites to play space invaders. You're not protecting any assets in space.

You're gonna need NASA and most likely DARPA to get technology to the point that Space Force becomes worth the expenditures. We don't even have a reliable and consistent way to get to space, the moon, or mars and back.

:stopitslime:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh I see..you're not being disingenuous. You're being a narcissist greedy coward like all libertarians.

We forgot dead7 is ex military ofc this bum likes that money sinkhole :mjlol:
:dead: