do people in the military really get paid??

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Decent, but i get to live in another country during my wild years :manny:

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
business administration

If you are serious. ArmyOCS Portal

I would put in my packet and see what happens. Medical and Engineering are what's hot right now across all branches. At worse they offer you reserves. Take it, go to grad school and try to hop on Active Duty officer that way. At worse you stay a reserve officer, with your MBA. Would look good for any business to have a reserve officer on their roster. :yeshrug:

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Alot of ppl talk all this extra hooah shyt and it's silly It's nikkas that been active and reserve for years, respect is earned not given. And I've seen reserve first sergeants get in an active E4s ass. All the rah rab talk is funny to me.

Anyway we all agree on one thing. Go active, never reserve UNLESS u plan on finishing school. Then reserve. But i recommend u just finish school

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
:stopitslime: You can resign your commission at any time, with zero penalties involved. We don't have MOS's. It's called branches. You compete for your branch so if you do rotc or an academy it would be hoo of you to get a good gpa, pt, etc. Only way you pick is if you're a professional which is lawyer or medical and you just do a b.s. 4-10 week course and come in as an 0-3.

:stopitslime:

Again. The trick is to make 0-3 and get your triple C which is captain careers course. Once you get that you are guaranteed GS-11 automatic. Unless an E-3 has some secret squirrel job like intel and a gaggle of certs, there is zero chance they'll ever make more than an officer in a less glorified field because their military record will show they had no "leadership" time. Stop speaking about outliers as if it's the norm.
:aicmon:

if you come into the Army as an officer and resign your commission you will not be able to leave the army

:lupe:

you will then become enlisted and an at will soldier with no choice whatsoever

the only way it is with no penalties is if you resign after completing the initial terms of your contract

and as an officer "YOU DO NOT" get to choose you career field at first

you list your preferences and the Army decides where to place you

after 3 years you can change to another field:aicmon:

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
:aicmon:

if you come into the Army as an officer and resign your commission you will not be able to leave the army

:lupe:

you will then become enlisted and an at will soldier with no choice whatsoever

the only way it is with no penalties is if you resign after completing the initial terms of your contract

and as an officer "YOU DO NOT" get to choose you career field at first

after 3 years you can change to another field:aicmon:

I gain nothing from having this discussion. Peace.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I gain nothing from having this discussion. Peace.
see ya cac:win:

here have a few shillings for a nice jar of mayo

Make-It-Rain.gif

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
..and as an officer "YOU DO NOT" get to choose you career field at first
after 3 years you can change to another field
True.
I was looking at Army OCS around a decade ago. You can list your branch preferences but there is no guarantee you would get any of them. Then, you get scooted off to spend a couple more months to get specialized training in the branch you are assigned. That wasn't the deal breaker but it was one of them for me.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
True.
I was looking at Army OCS around a decade ago. You can list your branch preferences but there is no guarantee you would get any of them. Then, you get scooted off to spend a couple more months to get specialized training in the branch you are assigned. That wasn't the deal breaker but it was one of them for me.

yeah when they told me that i was like:ohhh:

i said fukk it

came in enlisted
got a 20k bonus for having my degree and:smugdraper:

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
yeah ya brother lied to you-- there is no other incentives besides a bonus so he didnt get 30k extra on top of a bonus

and making 200k over a 7year period is normal:beli:

actually that is fukking low

im sure he made way over 200k for his 7 deployments

that aint shyt tho

Maybe he meant $30,000+ in bonuses.

no, I meant exactly what the fukk I said. 30k bonuses, two different times. I saw the fukking checks. And that he saved over 200k as of 2009.

He reenlisted twice while in Iraq. Back when the military had a stop loss and was paying extra for people to reenlist, especially if they did so while deployed and had an in demand specialty. Here are a few articles confirming those type bonuses. The law authorizing the re-enlistment bonus. As well as a military message board from 2006 where poster are saying re-up while deployed so you get the bonus as a lump sum. All this from the first page of a google search of Bush era re-enlistment bonuses. How about y'all educate yourself before you hate. And don't give me the "i'm in the service blah blah blah." That just means your ass didn't qualify, not that the program doesn't exist.

Why you nikkas think every post gotta be ducktales? Why the fukk would I lie about my brothers fukking money? I mean, I understand if I was talking about my own paper.

The Daily News, Jacksonville

United States Army Re-Enlistment Bonuses

Reenlistment bonuses

Reenlistment bonuses

http://www.armyreenlistment.com/Messages/MILPER/CSRB_09_039_20090302.pdf

Army Bonus and Incentive Overview - Bonus Center - Military.com

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
no, I meant exactly what the fukk I said. 30k bonuses, two different times. I saw the fukking checks. And that he saved over 200k as of 2009.
That confirms what I said. You meant "$30,000 plus" in bonuses, not "$30,000 plus bonuses".

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I am not talking about long tenured, higher ranking people, but I know a lot of people my age (around senior of college and younger) have the idea that they're gonna join the reserves and just get paid. I never had no interest in enlisting in nothin but is that shyt really worth locking in like 10 years of your life? how well are they supported financially??
It's better than regular-ass welfare... but if money is your motivation you might want to explore other options. :manny:

If you're down to be a killer then put in some time in the military, earn some stripes, retire and go into private contracting. That's where people really cake.