do people in the military really get paid??

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Not feasible breh. He would be part of an expeditionary bn or bde and they just arent in use that much. And the only ones to include individual augmentees who can be deployed for that long would be guard/reservists. An active dude cant stay gone that long...I believe that this is what he told you and it may look like that but you also may be confusing overseas short tours and long tours with deployments.

Also the military does have checks and have sent them out. I have received 3. One was my last AF check the other 2 were some pay issues.

Sent from my galaxy S4
u got an actual cashable pay check?

damm what the fukk do they look like

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
u got an actual cashable pay check?

damm what the fukk do they look like

Same as any other check. Usually when you get out the last payment they send you afyer you receive your dd form 214 is a check....I never understood that either.

Keep in mind. All 3 were due to cross branch transfers when the army was doing blue to green program.

Sent from my galaxy S4

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
e31.jpg

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
Not feasible breh. He would be part of an expeditionary bn or bde and they just arent in use that much. And the only ones to include individual augmentees who can be deployed for that long would be guard/reservists. An active dude cant stay gone that long...I believe that this is what he told you and it may look like that but you also may be confusing overseas short tours and long tours with deployments.

Also the military does have checks and have sent them out. I have received 3. One was my last AF check the other 2 were some pay issues.

Sent from my galaxy S4

these articles from 2007 talks about these very long deployments and the effects on soldiers.

Elizabethton Star - Google News Archive Search

http://www.usmilitary.com/2489/iraq-deployment-reduced-to-12-months/

you cats are confusing now for what it was like in 2002-2009.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
this article from 2007 talks about these very long deployments and the effects on soldiers.

i just left afghanistan 2 weeks ago:dahell:

and the point of 9month deployments was so the govt didnt have to pay for R&R flights and save money

so they are not sending a dam 88m to afghanistan for 3 months then fly him back for a few weeks and send him back again

gtfoh

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
i just left afghanistan 2 weeks ago:dahell:

and the point of 9month deployments was so the govt didnt have to pay for R&R flights and save money

so they are not sending a dam 88m to afghanistan for 3 months then fly him back for a few weeks and send him back again

gtfoh

i didn't say afganistan. i'm talking about iraq from 2002-2009. he has been deployed to afganistan as well, but that wasn't a short deployment. like i said, you're confusing now with right after 9/11 which is what i'm talking about.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:ufdup: everything you say is immediately proving to be false by a simple google search or another poster. :stopitslime:

son received a check from one branch of service that he ets'd from as he was entering a new one

it had nothing to do with regular pay or bonuses

normally there are no checks issued

and no

your truck driving brother was not important enough to be sent to Afghanistan for 3 dam months only to be sent back and forth at the cost it takes to do so:lolbron:

either ya brother is lying to impress u

or u just lying on here for no reason

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i didn't say afganistan. i'm talking about iraq from 2002-2009. he has been deployed to afganistan as well, but that wasn't a short deployment. like i said, you're confusing now with right after 9/11 which is what i'm talking about.
so basically you are talking about him talking R&R:deadmanny:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
these articles from 2007 talks about these very long deployments and the effects on soldiers.

http://www.usmilitary.com/2489/iraq-deployment-reduced-to-12-months/

Breh please belive me when I say that I have been around another varying unit types and worked at so many different levels that I have a good grasp of whats going on...im a damn corp level battle nco.

Sent from my galaxy S4

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
son received a check from one branch of service that he ets'd from as he was entering a new one

it had nothing to do with regular pay or bonuses

normally there are no checks issued

and no

your truck driving brother was not important enough to be sent to Afghanistan for 3 dam months only to be sent back and forth at the cost it takes to do so:lolbron:

either ya brother is lying to impress u

or u just lying on here for no reason

everything i said is all fact. the specifics mights be off. 4 months instead of 3. 16 months instead of 19. but the general gist is all facts. especially the dollar amount. i did his taxes, so I saw his LES and I saw the interest statements from his savings account and thus knew how much he had saved. but you keep making definitive statements and then having to retract them.

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
so basically you are talking about him talking R&R:deadmanny:

i don't know what is was called. the nikka would be here, then he would be over there a few months. pop back up a few weeks. be gone 6 months. it was like that for damn near 6-7 years. and the money amounts, I know to be fact.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
everything i said is all fact. the specifics mights be off. 4 months instead of 3. 16 months instead of 19. but the general gist is all facts. especially the dollar amount. i did his taxes, so I saw his LES and I saw the interest statements from his savings account and thus knew how much he had saved. but you keep making definitive statements and then having to retract them.

I was with 172nd stryker bde and we had a 16 month deployment but the only ones there in the 16th month was the senior leadership and the damn shipping crew. My unit was back at month 13. Sustaimment stayed longer.

Sent from my galaxy S4

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
I was with 172nd stryker bde and we had a 16 month deployment but the only ones there in the 16th month was the senior leadership and the damn shipping crew. My unit was back at month 13. Sustaimment stayed longer.

Sent from my galaxy S4

is the shipping crew the unit that takes inventory of the equipment and unloads and loads onto the cargo planes? if so, that's my brother. he was an intrabase truck driver. he would set up the base camps or whatever they're called. he called it the easiest job in the army because he was always deployed but rarely left base so he never got shot at.

he was an e7 when most of this was happening. is that considered leadership? i'm not in the army so I don't even really know what an e7 is except that its a sergeant.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i don't know what is was called. the nikka would be here, then he would be over there a few months. pop back up a few weeks. be gone 6 months. it was like that for damn near 6-7 years. and the money amounts, I know to be fact.

aight

as i stated the 200k for 7 deployments def is accurate(actually it was probably more) because Army was doing extra long as deployments in Iraq

-my shortest was 14months

so 7deployments is basically 7 years so he probably made about 300k

and u said 30k plus bonus

but meant 30k in bonus

so yeah you werent lying