do people in the military really get paid??

JackBrannigan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in all honesty 88M is a shyty mos

but if that is what you want to do and make you happy do it

you can always re-class if you dont like it

the only thing now is that it is alot harder to get in the military because the #'s have to drop

This. I would advise against being a truck driver.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
My brother stacked over 200gs through 7 Iraq deployments. He stuck doing 20 though. But the wars is over so it no big deal now.

:duck:

Aint no miltary person stacking 200k. I doubt a Colen Powell or any 5 star general would stack that much. I doubt one on any job can save 200gs, especially making under 150k a year. Your brother probably makes less than half of that. You must have meant 20gs.

I was in the Navy E4, no kids, had to live on the ship. I was seeing about $900 every 2 weeks. :sad:

I couldve gotten married and seen an extra thou a month or so, but I was an IT so, I got out and make a lot more. Military pays great for some skillsets that don't pay well in the commercial sector. Like a gunnersmate or simple cook not chef.

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson

Aint no miltary person stacking 200k. I doubt a Colen Powell or any 5 star general would stack that much. I doubt one on any job can save 200gs, especially making under 150k a year. Your brother probably makes less than half of that. You must have meant 20gs.

I was in the Navy E4, no kids, had to live on the ship. I was seeing about $900 every 2 weeks. :sad:

I couldve gotten married and seen an extra thou a month or so, but I was an IT so, I got out and make a lot more. Military pays great for some skillsets that don't pay well in the commercial sector. Like a gunnersmate or simple cook not chef.

:beli:

RULE NUMBER ONE OP. Don't listen to anyone under the rank of 0-3 or E-7.

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston

my brother been in the army since 2000. he's been deployed to Iraq 7 times and Afganistan 1. in the last 13 years, he's probably spent less than 2 years in the states. He re-uped 2 times while deployed and got 30k plus bonuses for doing so. He literally saved his entire salary like 4 out of the last 13 years. Plus he was getting hazard pay.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
my brother been in the army since 2000. he's been deployed to Iraq 7 times and Afganistan 1. in the last 13 years, he's probably spent less than 2 years in the states. He re-uped 2 times while deployed and got 30k plus bonuses for doing so. He literally saved his entire salary like 4 out of the last 13 years. Plus he was getting hazard pay.

yeah ya brother lied to you-- there is no other incentives besides a bonus so he didnt get 30k extra on top of a bonus

and making 200k over a 7year period is normal:beli:

actually that is fukking low

im sure he made way over 200k for his 7 deployments

that aint shyt tho

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
@dontreadthis

Why didn't you do ROTC? You could have commissioned right out of college, debt free :win:.

becoming an officer when you know that you dont plan on doing 20 years is kinda fukked up

you dont get to choose your career field

so you can become an officer of an mos that doesnt make shyt in the civilian world and when you get out you make less than an E3 who ETS'd with a great mos

Last edited by a moderator:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
yeah ya brother lied to you-- there is no other incentives besides a bonus so he didnt get 30k extra on top of a bonus

and making 200k over a 7year period is normal:beli:

actually that is fukking low

im sure he made way over 200k for his 7 deployments

that aint shyt tho

Maybe he meant $30,000+ in bonuses.

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
:bryan: Direct commission as 0-3 working in the hospital. I respect your choice. Just jealous.

I think its better for me to do ROTC and have them pay for my dental school plus have a job secured rather than getting out there with school loans although I could probably work with someone else, I rather set up my dental office but the cost is high so I'll just check the teeth of my fellow soldiers :salute:

I'll give you that coli discount, might just have to pull out some extra teeth to cover that discount :steviej:

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
becoming an officer when you know that you dont plan on doing 20 years is kinda fukked up

so you can become an officer of an mos that doesnt make shyt in the civilian world and when you get out you make less than an E3 who ETS'd with a great mos

:stopitslime: You can resign your commission at any time, with zero penalties involved. We don't have MOS's. It's called branches. You compete for your branch so if you do rotc or an academy it would be hoo of you to get a good gpa, pt, etc. Only way you pick is if you're a professional which is lawyer or medical and you just do a b.s. 4-10 week course and come in as an 0-3.

:stopitslime:

Again. The trick is to make 0-3 and get your triple C which is captain careers course. Once you get that you are guaranteed GS-11 automatic. Unless an E-3 has some secret squirrel job like intel and a gaggle of certs, there is zero chance they'll ever make more than an officer in a less glorified field because their military record will show they had no "leadership" time. Stop speaking about outliers as if it's the norm.