do people in the military really get paid??

FreeRZA

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
My nikka is in Hawaii right now, getting paid like 8gs a month. On top of that everytime i talk to him it seem like he on vacation.

But theres a lot of broke nikkas out there 2. Depends of how you handle your money and your rank.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:deadrose:
what makes it not worth it??

Because unless there's a war going on.. Opportunities to make real money are slim to none. And showing up to drill on randomn weekends and getting back into that soldier way of thinking... After doing your own thing all month, is pretty retarded. Taking orders n shyt, after telling everyone to fukk off for a month.. Sucks

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Oh, and you need a regular job to sustain yourself. So you'll be in the great amazing military.. Working at Starbucks

JackBrannigan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of guys I knew in the army that went to being in the guard couldn't stand it and did shyt like fail their PT test or just didn't go so they could "U out." I still don't understand that "U out" bullshyt but the point is they hated it and they were former military. The money wasn't a factor for them. And where I live the VA clinic sucks. In bigger cities that may not be an issue but the free healthcare part of it around here isn't that great.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
If I didn't go to college, and couldn't find a decent blue collar gig, I'd definitely consider enlisting as a means to an end. seems like a no brainer.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
you aint making shyt in the Reserves or Guard:aicmon:
them nikkas pray to go to Afghanistan just to make some money

they also get shytted on by active duty nikkas cause we called them pretendo-soldiers

no matter what their rank was, they couldnt say shyt to us and they knew that--

a Reserves 1SG would be polite as hell to an active duty SPC

them nikkas make like $200 a month
-------------------------------------------------

now active duty is based on where you get stationed and for how long

if you can get stationed overseas and make that high COLA- you can fukk around and make 7 to 10k a month

also pick a MOS that will get you paid when you get out

making 6figures in the civilian world due to having a good MOS and having a security clearance is normal:smugbiden:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I am not talking about long tenured, higher ranking people, but I know a lot of people my age (around senior of college and younger) have the idea that they're gonna join the reserves and just get paid. I never had no interest in enlisting in nothin but is that shyt really worth locking in like 10 years of your life? how well are they supported financially??
I would say don't sign up if you aren't 100% sure about it.
There are people I know who signed up because they had nothing else going on in their life. They hated it and could not wait for their last day. Working part-time at a mall was better than reenlistment.
Others I know reenlisted a couple of times, but being restationed constantly wore them out. They enjoyed their time in service, but wanted to live in one place and not move.
I have a friend who is a major in the Army. He started from the git-go at West Point right out of high school. That's like around 20 years in the service. He's making good money. Just take a look at pay scale for officers. They make way more than enlisted. :whoo:

yo moms

drunk
Daps
you aint making shyt in the Reserves or Guard:aicmon:
them nikkas pray to go to Afghanistan just to make some money

they also get shytted on by active duty nikkas cause we called them pretendo-soldiers

no matter what their rank was, they couldnt say shyt to us and they knew that--

a Reserves 1SG would be polite as hell to an active duty SPC

them nikkas make like $200 a month
-------------------------------------------------

now active duty is based on where you get stationed and for how long

if you can get stationed overseas and make that high COLA- you can fukk around and make 7 to 10k a month

also pick a MOS that will get you paid when you get out

making 6figures in the civilian world due to having a good MOS and having a security clearance is normal:smugbiden:

I'm thinking about joining up as a driver. What you think?

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
ok so the general idea I'm gettin is joining the army reserves to help stave off debt from college is a bad idea, lol I kind of figured this, but some people think this might work out.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I'm thinking about joining up as a driver. What you think?

in all honesty 88M is a shyty mos

but if that is what you want to do and make you happy do it

you can always re-class if you dont like it

the only thing now is that it is alot harder to get in the military because the #'s have to drop

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
Depends on what you come in as.....

Officers make more then Enlisted but like someone said above....alot of servicemembers live well beyond their means..

You manage your money right....you'll be comfortable as hell.

On another note, you don't realize how good you have it until you get out....

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Depends on what you come in as.....

Officers make more then Enlisted but like someone said above....alot of servicemembers live well beyond their means..

You manage your money right....you'll be comfortable as hell.

On another note, you don't realize how good you have it until you get out....

That's true. My friend who is a major has managed his money wisely. No joke, dude has cash monay. Fortunately, he's smart and has enough money for his family... because he's got five kids. :bryan: