Do people enjoy sports anymore?

MJ Freedom

All Star
Daps
Sports used to be a refuge from complaining. Everyday life gives us enough annoyance
Don't know what it's going to take for it to sink in to everybody, but them days are over.

Besides, people were complaining back in the day, but today there is so much access to anything ANYBODY says.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had to bump this.

Even with sports gone, folks enjoy finding reasons to say you shouldn't enjoy it.

I dont think they do

Its a constant fight to talk down about today's players

And I'm not sure why

Its like hate watching at this point

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
The answer is no, you can’t even have a pure basketball conversation without someone bringing up some bullshyt these analysts say on television as a talking big point.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When it was just Sportscenter, it was highlights mostly.
You had some interviews with old school guys like Roy Firestone and Outside the Lines was the investigative journalism wing of the network.

Once PTI came around...it started going to shyt. All the other shows that came after it became more confrontational, more argumentative.
So now you've got all these people who turn any sports forum they can find into their own personal First Take.

It was one thing when all this shyt was relegated to radio...where you'd basically have Mike & The Mad Dog behaving like an old angry grandpa yelling at the tv.
But now it seems everyone is doing it.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You had some interviews with old school guys like Roy Firestone and Outside the Lines was the investigative journalism wing of the network.

Once PTI came around...it started going to shyt. All the other shows that came after it became more confrontational, more argumentative.
So now you've got all these people who turn any sports forum they can find into their own personal First Take.

It was one thing when all this shyt was relegated to radio...where you'd basically have Mike & The Mad Dog behaving like an old angry grandpa yelling at the tv.

You had shows like the sports reporters that just delt with sports topics you had no frills or contrived arguments.

Yeah PTI started it on TV it but the show did have integrity at least. It wasn’t contrived arguments.

first take was really the nail in the coffin of sports shows on tv and really sports journalism in general.

They saw how much Sas and Skip made and now every show is a hot take contrived argument dominated show.

Mike and Dog started the two man team but I don’t feel their arguments were contrived or they were saying hot takes to get attention it was two guys just giving their opinion

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

+rep

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I got friends like this. They can only enjoy sports when their team is winning. They get legit angry about players they hate which is basically anybody not on their team. Even the players I hate I give props to and can appreciate aspects of their game. So I'll for instance hype up a play Harden or give props to Lebron and he'll just go on a huge tirade about how they're overrated and get too much credit and just loses his fukking mind.

I watch sports (especially basketball) just out of appreciation of the skill level these players show and even my least favorite players have parts of their games to appreciate. So I can appreciate watching greatness even if it's not my team or my favorite players.