Do people enjoy sports anymore?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
People don’t enjoy shyt anymore.

Even a flick gets overanalyzed like a mf with people grasping at straws to point out plotholes and labeling things “problematic”.

In sports it’s always about tearing athletes down and comparing them to others. There’s too much of an old guard who refuses to give the modern athlete the credit they deserve. It’s all about hot takes.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

Even a flick gets overanalyzed like a mf with people grasping at straws to point out plotholes and labeling things “problematic”.

In sports it’s always about tearing athletes down and comparing them to others. There’s too much of an old guard who refuses to give the modern athlete the credit they deserve. It’s all about hot takes.
That was it for me when Kobe's 81 kept getting disrespected by the "back in the 90s!!!" posse.

I had enough. Niqqas refuse to enjoy being in the moment and have to find a reason to slight greatness.

I'm so done by all this.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's gotten 10 fold worse.....

Folks are basically hate-watching and the shyt is weird to me. It’s perfectly fine if you no longer find the NBA or NFL or even WWE as enjoyable as you once did. It is what it is, accept it and move on with your life.

It legit feels like some people watch sports or movies or listen to music for the sole purpose of finding something to complain about. shyt is pathetic :heh:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
That was it for me when Kobe's 81 kept getting disrespected by the "back in the 90s!!!" posse.

I had enough. Niqqas refuse to enjoy being in the moment and have to find a reason to slight greatness.

I'm so done by all this.
I brought up the 90s cats hating on Kobe's 81 in one of those "Kobe would average 40 PPG today!" threads to point out the irony and these doofuses acted like I was making shyt up :mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yea I don't understand half the threads in the coliseum. All I know is even though we came up short this was the most fun I've had as a Bills fan in forever :wow:
Bills fans are true fans feel like there’s not a lot of fans of teams here

Half of the posters on here I don’t even know what team they like :snoop:

• Dap
Reactions: 315

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind

Says the lame that always tears NaS down to build up jay:mjlol:

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I think maybe people felt a more personal connection to sports when we were growing up in a bygone era where there weren’t a million hot takes by a million different talking heads. So many annoying takes on sports in the media and online it can get overwhelming. I miss the days where you spent more time watching and coming to your own conclusions about players and sports in general and didn’t nitpick & politicize every aspect of everything. You probably just watched the games, then watched SportsCenter and the highlights. Those were the days.