Do people enjoy sports anymore?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I guess because in the others opinion each other's post is shytty so that's how they relate. Anymore questions?
No...I guess you're an idiot with subpar reading comprehension who glossed over my examples of bar manufacturing getting in the way of appreciating great feats just to hear himself respond to himself.

You're not even deconstructing my actual points...just what YOU think you've read.

You're alone in your self created call and response for a reason.

Go play outside

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
It was an amazing catch. But all this defending of it being the greatest of all time is up for debate. Just cuz a lot of ppl think it may have been doesn't mean everybody has to. How many times have we seen a segment like "best sports plays of all time" and they show all the different plays and debate which one was the best? it's what makes sports enjoyable, creates that barbershop talk

NYC Rebel

Daps
It was an amazing catch. But all this defending of it being the greatest of all time is up for debate. Just cuz a lot of ppl think it may have been doesn't mean everybody has to. How many times have we seen a segment like "best sports plays of all time" and they show all the different plays and debate which one was the best? it's what makes sports enjoyable, creates that barbershop talk
How about we focus on it being a great catch?

I definitely know how sports media today can beat shyt to death and make an organic experience come off as something repetitive and draining just hours after something special has taken place. Chris collinsworth does a great job of doing that alone. :heh: Automatically tying shyt to polls, rankings and all that. I get that. I guess I have most of that bs on ignore and simply enjoy seeing the unique and unusual for what it is while appreciating it

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
No...I guess you're an idiot with subpar reading comprehension who glossed over my examples of bar manufacturing getting in the way of appreciating great feats just to hear himself respond to himself.

You're not even deconstructing my actual points...just what YOU think you've read.

You're alone in your self created call and response for a reason.

Go play outside
It don't matter what you guess don't make it true. I don't really care much about your examples I think the whole thing is stupid and explained why period. I don't mind being alone its better that way most times and I don't want to play outside. I'll just keep chilling maybe you should go play outside instead of posting stupid musings you get mad about when people disagree.

NYC Rebel

Daps
It don't matter what you guess don't make it true. I don't really care much about your examples I think the whole thing is stupid and explained why period. I don't mind being alone its better that way most times and I don't want to play outside. I'll just keep chilling maybe you should go play outside instead of posting stupid musings you get mad about when people disagree.
Nah...notice that you're alone in this bruh. You're the only one with your point of view while everyone else seems to be involved in the discussion.

Your reading comprehension is ass. You don't care about examples because your attention span calls for uselessness and dormancy.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I tend to agree with OP, different things going on:

- Media plays a big role in overhyping everything. I don't even follow football and that catch was all over my FB feed with headlines like "Incredible/awesome/once in a lifetime/best all time/etc", I HATE it when people overhype stuff, just show us and let us appreciate it. That's a BIG reason why I hate a lot on LeBron, it feels like people force you to believe something. Let the man win a couple playoffs series before calling him The Chosen One or The King. shyt. Same goes wih movies, evrything is "the best since...", just say it's a good movie and move on. Now they hype college players like "The next...", everyone wants to be the first to call it. Just let them come out and do their thing, I'm big enough to make my own opinion.

- Second, now everybody has access to social media and has to find something to write about, so haters (I won't deny I have some haterade in my system) will allways find SOMETHING to moan about

- Third, we have instant replays of every play a click away and can overanalyze eveything now. So it's easy to go back and find something that we don't like. And that's why players are acting all safe now too.

- Back when I was growing up (90s) we NEVER talked about shooting percentages, we just cared can the guy score when it matters? That's why I respect Reggie Miller because he could go 2 for 16 but make the game winning shot. I personnaly don't give a fukk about field goal percentages, but now with analytics and whatnot people just judge everything by numbers. That's why I don't see Lebron as better than Kobe, no matter what the numbers say. And people have the nerve to say KD is a better scorer than him lol...

- In general, there seems to be less enjoyment and excitement also from the players. Everyone looks to cool for school now, it's only mostly b-level players who are caught pumping their fists or getting excited. Everyone seems so "clean" and "poised" now, it gets boring and personnaly a lot of players look smug or like they don't care. I personnaly don't like that attitude so it somewhat explains why I might enjoy the NBA less.

- In general, flopping, technical fouls, touch fouls, and the like have taken A LOT of energy and exictement from the game for me, as well as those long-ass replays. It's so clean and "right" it's boring. It's becoming an over-sanitized world, it's like the perfect technical rapper vs an ODB if you se what I mean. So yeah I complain a lot about the game, but for me the intensity of the 90s, what people called "ugly" basketball was much more enjoyable than lay-up contests between no-defense floppers. I mean, James Harden is considered "the best" SG in the league.

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
Sports are the original reality TV... i love watching and betting on games. I understand why you posed this question though and i think its a ton of white folk with inferiority complexes that get a thrill out of putting down a public black person is where all of the hate stems from... not to make it completely remacial because some black people have to complex to but white people take it to a different level...just look at how they talk about Jameis Winston and all he does is win football games...

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
I'm getting to that point were I'm back to enjoying the sport without the extra side bullshyt that comes with it.

Granted sometimes you bring the attention to yourself with the teams you root for and how you carry yourself. But none of the side theatrics affect me or mood in real life.

It's hard to be truly invested in something you have no control over. nikkas kill themselves trying to always be right first. Especially on the Coli.

:heh:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Nah...notice that you're alone in this bruh. You're the only one with your point of view while everyone else seems to be involved in the discussion.

Your reading comprehension is ass. You don't care about examples because your attention span calls for uselessness and dormancy.
I don't care if I'm alone I'm not you in need of validation. Again don't matter what you say don't make it true but I know you wish it was. Your shyt was stupid period and I'm not changing it so move along until the next post. I'm this I'm that great glad I could make you seem smarter in your mind