Divorce Divorce Divorce

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
I'm at an age where people around me have been together for 15+ years.

Reminds me of a line Louis CK said once.
Something like "my wife and I have been together for 20 years...so we're almost done"

:mjlol:

He got divorced not long after that.

I guess things just run their course after a while.
When you're in your 40s and you have couples that have been together since HS or college ....it feels inevitable.

I sometimes wonder how people deal with marriage by this time. You've been together forever. The conversations are the same. The kids are graduating HS and going to college. They've been your focus for 15+ years. Now it's an empty house. You and your spouse. And you have to figure out how to be a couple again and focus on each other.

And the shyt seems to break down more often than not.

The sucky thing is that being single in your 40s or 50s is strange. The freedom has to be great. But the dating scene must be horrific.

Exactly why I’ll never get married. Relationships run their course. All the married couples I know are miserable smh

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's crazy the older I get it seems like every other week close friends of mine, family members, or past friends are getting divorced.

I keep getting calls to be the shoulder to lean on and I try and listen but the stories I hear are so depressing.

Anyone else seeing this or is it society as a whole?
what has been the cause typically

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That’s because people are marrying for love and not to combine dynasties and forging alliances between families.

Marriage was intially a strategic business transaction but somewhere down the line Tv turned it into marrying for love, a fleeting emotion like the common cold.

:snoop:

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Thats because Marriage outdated and not compatible with today's societal rules
I'm not married but I will say understand what you are saying. Capitalism is basically deciding what's in people's best interest versus thinking it for themselves. Capitalism as in every viral podcast spreading the message while social media platforms are generating ad revenue. Industries in the divorce business making it easier to go through the process so lawyers can get paid. Or states where the process is slower and the people getting divorced are accumulating court costs, lawyer fees, etc.

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Disclaimer: This is not based on any extensive research.

When people get around 40 years old, they are more apt to do a lot of self reflection. Often times we base our lives on raising children and careers, not on our own happiness.

"What makes me happy?" "What do I want for me?" "What compliments the vision I have for my future?"

Many ask themselves these questions, and see themselves living this version of life, and their significant other is not a part of it. Sex has already been stagnant and few and far between. The kids are gone so, where so much of your earlier life was based on challenges with them, you no longer have them to really discuss, and you never took time to build other types of communication.

I believe, that a couple must develop an area of life outside of one another (not an alternate life) to give yourselves something to talk about and an opportunity to miss each other. So when the last child is out of the house, you have a routine.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
The main reason divorce is so rapid and marriages are terrible is because the average person isn’t marriage material.

No one wants to truly vet each other.

You shouldn't have even been in a relationship let alone got married.

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
The main reason divorce is so rapid and marriages are terrible is because the average person isn’t marriage material.

No one wants to truly vet each other.

You shouldn't have even been in a relationship let alone got married.

Mfers confuse lust with love/desire to be with someone.

Covid lockdowns exposed alot of “relationships”

Clowns think just cause you fukk, go out to eat sometimes, and text all day means youse supposed to be in a relationship/married with that person.