Divorce Divorce Divorce

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I'm at an age where people around me have been together for 15+ years.

Reminds me of a line Louis CK said once.
Something like "my wife and I have been together for 20 years...so we're almost done"

:mjlol:

He got divorced not long after that.

I guess things just run their course after a while.
When you're in your 40s and you have couples that have been together since HS or college ....it feels inevitable.

I sometimes wonder how people deal with marriage by this time. You've been together forever. The conversations are the same. The kids are graduating HS and going to college. They've been your focus for 15+ years. Now it's an empty house. You and your spouse. And you have to figure out how to be a couple again and focus on each other.

And the shyt seems to break down more often than not.

The sucky thing is that being single in your 40s or 50s is strange. The freedom has to be great. But the dating scene must be horrific.

I said before we are in the "partnership" era yet still running the dated Marriage Model. Dead all that dependency shyt and simply allow people to select someone who they can share work benefits with and if they split they keep what they had and if they did do joint transactions they sell and split proceeds unless something was deemed a gift (i.e. person A bought a car for Person B).

Love aint got shyt to do with the govt so anything legal should just be for this is who I choose to add to my healthcare that isn't my kid lol. You can recycle the Tax benefits too.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
Yeah, I’ve noticed that even the church girls be getting divorced. I’m wondering if they’re leaving these dudes for no reason, or if they actually did something egregious. It seems like most women I know personally, left their husband because they were just bored.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Because you're not supposed to get married and silo yourselves away from everyone else. You spend time with extended family and other (preferably) married friends and be each others' support system. Relationship counseling, financial advice and group investing, all the obvious things.

But no, you let enemies tell you that you can lone-wolf everything...so here we are, Pismo Beach and all the clams we can eat :unimpressed:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It's crazy the older I get it seems like every other week close friends of mine, family members, or past friends are getting divorced.

I keep getting calls to be the shoulder to lean on and I try and listen but the stories I hear are so depressing.

Anyone else seeing this or is it society as a whole?

I was only one of the few suckers of my friends to get married.........:sadcam:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's crazy the older I get it seems like every other week close friends of mine, family members, or past friends are getting divorced.

I keep getting calls to be the shoulder to lean on and I try and listen but the stories I hear are so depressing.

Anyone else seeing this or is it society as a whole?
What are the main reasons for divorce?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah, I’ve noticed that even the church girls be getting divorced. I’m wondering if they’re leaving these dudes for no reason, or if they actually did something egregious. It seems like most women I know personally, left their husband because they were just bored.

bytches seen a TikTok that told her do it lmfao we at that point.