Disney's Little Mermaid (Halle Bailey, Live Action) (May 26 2023)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
i hate to preface this with "i don't give a shyt" b/c they're the classic words that lead to a "butttttt" and some bullshyt off color followup

... that being said, would it have been too hard to just give Ariel a black father? just more fodder for the morons... and i realize i kinda sound like one of them for even broaching the subject.
Disney is taking the same color blind casting approach they took with the ABC Cinderella movie that starred Brandy back int he day:
UyukvYl.jpg

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i hate to preface this with "i don't give a shyt" b/c they're the classic words that lead to a "butttttt" and some bullshyt off color followup

... that being said, would it have been too hard to just give Ariel a black father? just more fodder for the morons... and i realize i kinda sound like one of them for even broaching the subject.

Her mother will be black of course. They will only push white Male black female pairings. Cant have white women lusting for a black man. White Male ego is too fragile.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
piggybacking an old franchise using new technology/techniques and remix storyline, while pandering to a non-existent color blind society...failure in the making

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Disney is taking the same color blind casting approach they took with the ABC Cinderella movie that starred Brandy back int he day:
UyukvYl.jpg
It's stupid. If you were gonna get a black Ariel go all the way. The cast might end up turning off every demo with this shyt

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Still baffles me Disney really couldnt cast a Black actor for Triton.

Like Idris, who audiences love, would have been an easy choice.
Wait who’s Triton
Ariel’s is going to be the only black person in this :russ: