Disney's Little Mermaid (Halle Bailey, Live Action) (May 26 2023)

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset

There's a reason we showed up for Black Panther. All this talk about black excellence for this film, and the end result is going to be a bunch of swirlers cosplaying with their cac boyfriends.:mjlol:

Yep, I don't get this explosion of biracial couples in media, wouldn't it be more progressive to show Black/asian/latino love instead of the lead falling for a cac?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

There's a reason we showed up for Black Panther. All this talk about black excellence for this film, and the end result is going to be a bunch of swirlers cosplaying with their cac boyfriends.:mjlol:

Yeah, i hate to side with the “anti-woke” racist white people, but i ain’t supporting more swirl mess:manny:

Movie will flop cause its made for a very specific audience :mjpls:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Y’all sound ridiculous in here hating on a multicultural cast of a Disney movie based on talking fish people. They are NOT making the proud little mermaid family :dead:

Ariel is the star of the show and As a black woman who had ZERO black Disney princesses in my childhood, I’m here to see ARIEL as a black mermaid

I also hope it catapults Halle and that hopefully she gives young women an alternate image to look to as opposed to her try hard sister

Last edited:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Y’all sound ridiculous in here hating on a multicultural cast of a Disney movie asked on taking fish people. They are NOT making the little proud mermaid family :dead:

Ariel is the star of the show and As a black woman who had ZERO black Disney princesses in my childhood, I’m here to see ARIEL as a black mermaid

I also hope it catapults Halle and that hopefully she gives young women an alternate image to look to as opposed to her try hard sister
It's the swirling thing

A lot of Black folks ain't fukking with "lusting for crackas" movies:manny:

The whole swirl agenda has been pissing people off

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It's the swirling thing

A lot of Black folks ain't fukking with "lusting for crackas" movies:manny:
This seems to be a male take. These Disney princess movies are for girls and first and foremost the princess matters most. Me and my old ass friends haven’t even mentioned the prince, everyone is juiced off Halle

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
This seems to be a male take. These Disney princess movies are for girls and first and foremost the princess matters most. Me and my old ass friends haven’t even mentioned the prince, everyone is juiced off Halle
Doesn't matter...I've already seen several Black Fathers say they not taking their daughters to see this , cuz of the lust for the cracka prince:manny:

I like Halle and I'm glad she's getting her shine on. But the rest of that shyt is a no no to me

Disney is pretty blatant with trying to place black girls with non black men and more people are noticing it

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Doesn't matter...I've already seen several Black Fathers say they not taking their daughters to see this , cuz of the lust for the cracka prince:manny:

I like Halle and I'm glad she's getting her shine on. But the rest of that shyt is a no no to me

Disney is pretty blatant with trying to place black girls with non black men and more people are noticing it
And im sure their moms will take them

Disney isn’t going to do a fully black main cast so people really need to get over it. I’m pretty sure half yall nikkas would be first in line to take your kids to Latina Pocahontas with a breh playin Jonh Smith.

And this isn’t teaching them to idolize white men anymore than the OG all white cartoons were, at least they don’t look in the mirror and wish they were a white woman

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
And im sure their moms will take them

Disney isn’t going to do a fully black main cast so people really need to get over it. I’m pretty sure half yall nikkas would be first in line to take your kids to Latina Pocahontas with a breh playin Jonh Smith.

And this isn’t teaching them to idolize white men anymore than the OG all white cartoons were, at least they don’t look in the mirror and wish they were a white woman
Now u know damn well:comeon:

Btw you do know that they are gonna show a voiceless black girl being civilized by cacs right?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Looks like dora is switching up on us now lol
Switching up on what. There’s a time and place for being anti mixed couples, a freaking Disney movie ain’t the hill to die on. And as I’ve stated, the shyt hits different when your grew up watching Snow White, Cinderella, belle, Ariel, all followed by other women of color get in a princess in jasmine, Mulan and Pocahontas and the best we could do was hope Nala was black :dead:

Nah, I’m not with y’all on this one :yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Now u know damn well:comeon:

Btw you do know that they are gonna show a voiceless black girl being civilized by cacs right?
I know the story and I also know Disney is aware of how things are perceived these days, can you confirm there won’t be changes?

Finally, y’all are overracializing a damn kids movie based on pure fantasy. Y’all sound about as sick as cacs mad they got brehs in GOT, the Ruth from Hunger Games was black and that Ariel is black.

I hope the malcontents on both sides stay home, the rest of us will enjoy without your big :mad: faces all in the theater

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
I know the story and I also know Disney is aware of how things are perceived these days, can you confirm there won’t be changes?

Finally, y’all are overracializing a damn kids movie based on pure fantasy. Y’all sound about as sick as cacs mad the got brehs in GOT, the Ruth from Hunger Games was black and that Ariel is black.

I hope the malcontents on both sides stay home, the rest of us will enjoy without your big :mad: faces all in the theater
1VhLkKW.png