Disney's Little Mermaid (Halle Bailey, Live Action) (May 26 2023)

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
no way this doesn't become one of the GOAT disney remakes i don't count Cruella since it's more of a origin story :banderas:

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
And im sure their moms will take them

Disney isn’t going to do a fully black main cast so people really need to get over it. I’m pretty sure half yall nikkas would be first in line to take your kids to Latina Pocahontas with a breh playin Jonh Smith.

And this isn’t teaching them to idolize white men anymore than the OG all white cartoons were, at least they don’t look in the mirror and wish they were a white woman

This doesn’t fly anymore.

It’s not 2010.

We just saw Black Panther which was an all black cast make $1B:mjlol:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
even Korey from DT mentioned that too,, they make all black women love interest white dudes

/ it's time stamped /

Yeah, I am glad she is getting shine but to push this swirling narrative isn't it...

I guess a Black Prince would be too much to ask...

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yeah, I am glad she is getting shine but to push this swirling narrative isn't it...

I guess a Black Prince would be too much to ask...
Whenever they do make a movie about a black prince, you can samn sure bet his love interest will either be a black woman or another man.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Little Mermaid is my GOAT Disney film, and the live-action trailer looks promising:obama::wow:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
People dogging this movie for the white lead need to bring the same energy whenever we're talking about black men being paired with white actresses. I never heard any complaints about interracial love scenes with BM/WW on here. In fact, there's a weekly thread on the GOAT white actress. FOH with all of the fake outrage about swirling.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
That was a black comic. DISNEY IS NOT MAKING AN ALL BLACK LIVE ADAPTATION OF THEIR PRINCESS MOVES …GET OVER IT

Doesn't matter. There weren't obliged to follow the comic. Just like how they weren't obliged to keep the mermaid as a cac female.

:mjlol:@ “get over it” If they made Black Panther and cast a cac queen/love interest you women would be the first complaining.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Doesn't matter. There weren't obliged to follow the comic. Just like how they weren't obliged to keep the mermaid as a cac female.

:mjlol:@ “get over it” If they made Black Panther and cast a cac queen/love interest you women would be the first complaining.
You really want to be obtuse. A comic with thousands of entries of the world of wakanda being black is not the same as one movie that established mermaids as white.

Secondly, one is wholly geared toward kids while the other is for all ages

Lastly, some of us aren’t going to be bent out of shape over on screen BS. I’ve watched will smith play opposite of non black women in “real world” movies and not given a fukk, y’all grumpy dudes, especially those of y’all without kids who had no intent or reason to go see this regardless, can feel free to wage war on interracial mermaid relationships:mjlol:

:camby: