Disney's Little Mermaid (Halle Bailey, Live Action) (May 26 2023)

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
People dogging this movie for the white lead need to bring the same energy whenever we're talking about black men being paired with white actresses. I never heard any complaints about interracial love scenes with BM/WW on here. In fact, there's a weekly thread on the GOAT white actress. FOH with all of the fake outrage about swirling.

What mainstream big budget movie has cast a white woman as the love interest to the leading black male character? :dead:

Black Men are either asexual or have black love interests :dahell:

Even Mr Hollywood Will Smith was never allowed to have a cac love interest :mjtf:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
What mainstream big budget movie has cast a white woman as the love interest to the leading black male character? :dead:

Even Mr Hollywood Will Smith was never allowed to have a cac love interest :mjtf:
Suicide Squad and Focus. Same woman he was smashing (allegedly) in real life.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps

Will Smith & Margot Robbie in Focus

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You really want to be obtuse. A comic with thousands of entries of the world of wakanda being black is not the same as one movie that established mermaids as white.

Secondly, one is wholly geared toward kids while the other is for all ages

Lastly, some of us aren’t going to be bent out of shape over on screen BS. I’ve watched will smith play opposite of non black women in “real world” movies and not given a fukk, y’all grumpy dudes, especially those of y’all without kids who had no intent or reason to go see this regardless, can feel free to wage war on interracial mermaid relationships:mjlol:

:camby:

It doesn't matter if there's a comic, the film is an adaptation which means they're not under any obligation to fully follow whatever the comic did.

Will Smith has only made 1 mainstream flick where he had an onscreen white love interest, this is in a space of almost 30 years what are you talking about and that wasn't even a big budget movie?:mjlol:

A white woman being cast opposite a black man does not automatically = love interest. When black actors are cast opposite white women they are made asexual and the relationship is kept platonic. Will Smith was cast with white women in Men in Black, I Robot, Wild Wild West, Bad Boys and the relationships were kept platonic.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Suicide Squad and Focus. Same woman he was smashing (allegedly) in real life.
Will Smith & Margot Robbie in Focus

Focus wasn't a big budget movie :yeshrug:.

In Will's big budget movies, he was never allowed to have on screen sexual relationships with the leading white women.

It was always kept platonic.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Focus, Suicide Squad, Hitch, Hitchcock, Bad Boys 1 & 3

And what do you consider big budget? Black men have non black love interests on TV (we watched Ghost tear down his family over some latina p*ssy for 5 seasons :dead:), on the big screen and IRL...like why yall pretend 1) this doesn't exist 2) to still be bothered by it....

edit: you just named ones i didn't and lol @ all the goal posts

Man, sit yo ass at home plenty of us are give no fukks about the prince, this is about Ariel and black moms are gonna take their black daughters to this outside the twitter misfits

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
The live action remakes of Disney animated films are hit or miss with me. I loved The Jungle Book and liked Aladdin & Beauty and the Beast. Alice in Wonderland was a fun visual treat (I've never revisited it.) The Lion King was disappointing, and they stripped Mulan of everything that made the animated version fun. I've never seen Dumbo and I haven't seen Pinocchio. I don't remember much of 101 Dalmatians except for Glenn Close's performance, but I do remember buying those cool Christmas toys that they sold at McDonalds. Am I missing any?

We'll see where this goes. :manny:

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Fe9yOI0XkAk0Iko

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Focus, Suicide Squad, Hitch, Hitchcock, Bad Boys 1 & 3

And what do you consider big budget? Black men have non black love interests on TV (we watched Ghost tear down his family over some latina p*ssy for 5 seasons :dead:), on the big screen and IRL...like why yall pretend 1) this doesn't exist 2) to still be bothered by it....

edit: you just named ones i didn't and lol @ all the goal posts

Man, sit yo ass at home plenty of us are give no fukks about the prince, this is about Ariel and black moms are gonna take their black daughters to this outside the twitter misfits

Focus flopped because only Black men, not cacs or Black women, wanted to watch it. :mjgrin:

And about Hitch they decided not to go with a cacette love interest for Will because studio cacs felt that that would be "problematic" for the audience :mjpls:

And if they went with a Black love interest that would make the movie "Black" so they went with a latina instead: Eva Mendes :mjpls:

And in Hitchcock his white female love interest played by Charlize Theron can't get near him because that weakens him and her, taking their powers, so they can't ever be together :mjpls:

And in Bad Boys 1 & 3 he's never on screen hooking up with any cacettes. It's just implied.