Disney leaves Netflix and announces new ESPN streaming platform will NOT feature NFL or NBA content

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I got netflix, HBO and WWE Network :jinder:

was thinkin bout Amazon :jbhmm:

Doubt I'll get anything else, why would i
do you realize how much you're spending now?

you are on the verge of just getting a regular TV package...

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
the disney app will do fine just due to parents ordering it for kids. sports rights are so absurd the espn standalone app will phase out a lot of fans because it will have to cost a crazy amount just to make their rights revenue back. who is ordering an espn only app for 40/50 a month, which is what it would have to cost for them to shed the casual fans and the cable folks who now subsidize their channel and not watch and still be above water

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
bruh, read the tea leaves.

Its over.

Netflix is out here constantly on the verge of complete calamity.

They spent WAY too much on purchasing content and not enough on independent infrastructure and development.

You said this wrong, Netflix spends too much money on development and building its infrastructure.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
the disney app will do fine just due to parents ordering it for kids. sports rights are so absurd the espn standalone app will phase out a lot of fans because it will have to cost a crazy amount just to make their rights revenue back. who is ordering an espn only app for 40/50 a month, which is what it would have to cost for them to shed the casual fans and the cable folks who now subsidize their channel and not watch and still be above water
how much would you pay for your team sports app?

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
I think people on here and Disney are over estimating their content. Every single Disney movie that has popped up Netflix my kids have already seen, and didn't care to see again, even Rouge One. It's not that big of a deal, at least from where I'm sitting.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Netflix has 100 million subscribers, they have financial loss but they have the userbase that everyone desires as well.
You are right though they heavily overspent on content.

You're acting like they have 100 million individuals on memberships - they have subscribers - which is a huge difference.

These subscribers aren't bound by contracts so they can cancel at any time..

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I think people on here and Disney are over estimating their content. Every single Disney movie that has popped up Netflix my kids have already seen, and didn't care to see again, even Rouge One. It's not that big of a deal, at least from where I'm sitting.
You know how Disney moves.

When they commit, its over.

They don't renegotiate. They measure twice and cut once.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
If they don't have the NBA or NFL it'll be dead on arrival, Disney's actual content isn't very strong.

:what:

I swear I'm in bizarro world right now. Disney doesn't have content? Parents will subscribe to this just to have Dora the Explorer and Jake the Pirate on deck at all times.