Disney leaves Netflix and announces new ESPN streaming platform will NOT feature NFL or NBA content

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
breh they already stream nfl on watchespn app... i watch mnf every week on there.. plus any other thing playing on any of their channels

so they gonna make a whole new app, then take the shyt off the old one, and put half of it back on the new one.. then make you pay for it?

these cable companies are fukking scrambling. if this is successful, the rest will follow suit. why give you an app with free access to channels, when they can not give you shyt, and force you to buy more cable (no sharing passwords)

But you have to log in with a cable ID and password. The way TV contacts are they only have rights for cable TV NOT streaming. You are only allowed to stream if you have access to the cable channel.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Cord cutters take an L.

High speed internet- $59.99
Netflix- $9.99
HBO Now- $14.99
Disney/ESPN- TBD
WB- TBD
DCEU- TBD

Might as well get a cable at this point :francis:
yep, went back to FiOS this week. I'm not sure why folks that want live sports wouldn't just go back to cable or keep using their parents cable login versus subscribing to this new ESPN app. I've been using PS VUE since March but they are increasing their cheapest tv service to $45 a month so it didn't make since to keep it anymore. FiOS got small tv packages now that they are throwing in with their internet service. I got the sports/news (ESPN/NBA/NFL/CNN/ etc) package with the gigabit internet service for less than what I was paying for internet/PS VUE.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Cord cutters take an L.

High speed internet- $59.99
Netflix- $9.99
HBO Now- $14.99
Disney/ESPN- TBD
WB- TBD
DCEU- TBD

Might as well get a cable at this point :francis:
Cord cutters are smarter than this breh

First off, about 50 nikkas is sharing that Netflix, HBO, Fios password. So all those apps is free if you know one person with cable

Let's pretend you know nobody. Then there's another 100 sites with free streaming. I can watch any sport, any game, live, in full hd for free. Including ppv

Torrents. Kodi. Etc.

It's 2017 breh. Ain't nobody paying for all that shyt.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they crazy if they think imma subscribe to another streaming service. im good with netflix and amazon. majority of the disney content i catch at the cinema, and if i really like it i end up owning it, and if i feel like rewatching something let's just say in this day and age there are plenty of places to do it and the internet is undefeated

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Not a big loss for netflix since they are focusing on original content...they see themselves competing with the hbo

Also the major sports own the rights to their own streaming so i am sure this is less of disney saying "we will not put the nfl and nba on this service" and the nfl and nba saying "you are not going to put the nba and nfl on your service"

ImGucci

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NY
Every kid watches Disney cartoons on Netflix, anyone who has a kid or a nephew/niece and have babysitted knows this.

This is a big blow to Netflix. They are already low on content as is. I barely even watch Netflix anymore