Disney leaves Netflix and announces new ESPN streaming platform will NOT feature NFL or NBA content

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
these corporations are run by old ass out of touch cacs. I think a company run by coli nikkas would do better in this age but that won't happen :mjpls:
Its not out of touch though, its smart.
We are finally moving to an a la carte entertainment space where we buy access specifically to the content we want.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Netflix has a strangle hold on the streaming game. majority of ppl aren't going to pay for multiple streaming services.
Netflix has the userbase currently, but giants can fall, and the appeal of Netflix has been content, which is why Netflix rapidly tried to create its own content that it had ownership of.

Disney is a content goldmine, there is no reason they should be giving up what they have and not eating heavily off its vault.
Just think of the properties they have with just Disney Films alone, now add Miramax (early Tarintino shyt) , Buena Vista, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars.
Then think of their tv properties, their networks, they are built for this, and its great business on their end, as a matter of fact they are starting late, but its smart they've done it now rather than ignore it or do something stupid like Viacom/Paramount is doing.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I saw the headline and thought about selling my Netflix stocks.

I read the details of Disney and just laughed. I was wondering my stocks dropped so low today. Think I'll buy a few more shares now while it's cheap.
bruh, read the tea leaves.

Its over.

Netflix is out here constantly on the verge of complete calamity.

They spent WAY too much on purchasing content and not enough on independent infrastructure and development.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
tenor.gif
I can't find this funny.....I travel a lot

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It should be a Warner Bros. streaming service. That way they could include everything from DC, the Harry Potter world, all the horror franchises and all the classic movies like Goodfellas. It'd have both adult and kids content.

Actually, that's pretty much what HBO Now is since it's owned by WB. They should just expand HBO Now.
the fact you're even contemplating options means Netflix is fukked.