Disney claims putting their movies on streaming day 1 hurt their future box office sales

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
that excuse doesn't work anymore at the end of the day people either want to see your movie or don't
I'm still not seeing every movie in theaters and waiting it out. it doesn't matter if it's 45 days or 3 months. some movies just aren't worth it.
if that kid nags hard enough to go see the movie you better believe those parents will take them.
Both Lightyear and Elemental aren't appealing to kids and they have to figure out what's going on with their studio creatively.
and i gotta say it but their latest movies just aren't as good as the old ones. coco is the only great one in a long time imo.
this is like when studios were complaining about rotten tomatoes messing with the box office.
the solution is still the same make movies worth going to:manny:

@humminbird if you had children would you be going to the theaters more often??

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
@humminbird if you had children would you be going to the theaters more often??
I think so
we had
Mario
into the spider-verse
little mermaid
Transformers
Elemental

then coming up we have
Blue Beetle
TMNT
Trolls
Wish
Aquaman 3
I feel like kids would want to see those but we'll see.

After seeing just how many movies came and come out this year though. I'd probably have to look into Regal stubs or something though this could get expensive when you include snacks:russ:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I think so
we had
Mario
into the spider-verse
little mermaid
Transformers
Elemental

then coming up we have
Blue Beetle
TMNT
Trolls
Wish
Aquaman 3
I feel like kids would want to see those but we'll see.

After seeing just how many movies came and come out this year though. I'd probably have to look into Regal stubs or something though this could get expensive when you include snacks:russ:
no amc around your way?
alist the GOAT

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Theater sales were always going to be impacted in some regard once they came out with a steaming platform that people have to pay for every month

they jumped the gun chasing streaming bread. Now ALL OF THEM looking goofy because it's not as profitable as they hoped it would be.

Meanwhile Netflix laughing at all these goofies

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio

This shyt looks ugly af :mjlol:

I guess it's appropriate, Pixar used to be fire, but now they look washed. Send that flick straight to Larry Holmes+ :flabbynsick:

As for the whole box office talk... They gotta make movies people actually wanna watch and market them well. It's really as simple as that.

I feel like I haven't actually heard a lot of buzz about movies lately, and turns out that the ones I've been hearing about are making numbers. :manny:

They're not playing the numbers game well anymore. It's a hard sell to get the average person invested in that theater experience when they already have so much stuff to watch anyway. If they don't really invest in that marketing push, new releases will be looked at as "movies that I can wait for the streaming release".

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
How do you go from this:

giphy.gif

To this:

giphy.gif

:dwillhuh:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Wait, so saying something ppl can watch for "free" in their own home/home theater, is stopping ppl from going out and spending $60 to take their kids to the movies?

Duhhh