Disney claims putting their movies on streaming day 1 hurt their future box office sales

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
The last movie I saw in the theater was Cats.
file.php

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Movies i went to theaters to see since 2020

Scream 5
Scream 6
I wanna dance with somebody
Orphan 2
Little mermaid
Emily the criminal
Spider-Man no way home
The Batman
Beast
Woman king
Black panther 2
Nope
Old

A whole lot of mid :scust:

morris

Superstar
Daps
Onward, Lightyear, and now this.
Hmm

Pixar's latest animation Onward has been banned by several Middle Eastern countries because of a reference to lesbian parents, according to reports. The family film will not be shown in Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, Hollywood media have reported.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Hmm

Pixar's latest animation Onward has been banned by several Middle Eastern countries because of a reference to lesbian parents, according to reports. The family film will not be shown in Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, Hollywood media have reported.
That film still would have been a flop even if it was show in those countries as they aren’t make or break markets like that.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Waiting for something to go straight to video has been a thing since like 1985. Maybe make movies that people think are worth that trip for the family and they can make a billion dollars like spiderman or Mario :ohhh:

The time frame is much shorter now. You had to wait almost a year for most VHS/DVD drops of blockbusters and for the biggest movies like Jurassic Park people had to wait something like 18 months.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
That film still would have been a flop even if it was show in those countries as they aren’t make or break markets like that.

Yup. I've been waiting 2-weeks to watch Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse only to find out Dubai/UAE just banned it from theaters ahead of it's 6/22 release date (bc of a 'trans-lives-matter poster apparently, which i figure has zero significance in the movie). Hell for a brief second after hearing the news i actually considered taking a 6 hour flight to amsterstam, coppenhagen or some damn place in Europe just so i could watch the Miles flick in theaters.

Granted i could watch the ripped version at anytime but it goes back to the point where there are films that ppl actually want to see in theaters and will make time for within reason... and then there are films where it's like ehhh i'll only tune in if it requires minimum effort like months later on TNT if i'm too tired to find the remote after Inside the NBA wraps up.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Yup. I've been waiting 2-weeks to watch Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse only to find out Dubai/UAE just banned it from theaters ahead of it's 6/22 release date (bc of a 'trans-lives-matter poster apparently, which i figure has zero significance in the movie). Hell for a brief second after hearing the news i actually considered taking a 6 hour flight to amsterstam, coppenhagen or some damn place in Europe just so i could watch the Miles flick in theaters.

Granted i could watch the ripped version at anytime but it goes back to the point where there are films that ppl actually want to see in theaters and will make time for within reason... and then there are films where it's like ehhh i'll only tune in if it requires minimum effort like months later on TNT if i'm too tired to find the remote after Inside the NBA wraps up.
god damn

they prob gon ban elemental too then

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
god damn

they prob gon ban elemental too then

shyt is so annoying

but i guess they must ensure little akhmed remains a devout follower of harlem akbar

if there's even a 1% chance of harem it must be taken as a 100% certainty :damn: