Disney claims putting their movies on streaming day 1 hurt their future box office sales

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Light year flopped? :damn:

Spectacularly. It lead to a lot of lay offs

Pixar recently had a rare box-office flop when it released Toy Storyspin-off Lightyear in 2022. Despite an all-star cast, a cute sidekick, and good reviews, the movie only made $226 million worldwide against a $200 million production budget.

‘Onward’ kind of has an excuse because of the pandemic though.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Hmm

Pixar's latest animation Onward has been banned by several Middle Eastern countries because of a reference to lesbian parents, according to reports. The family film will not be shown in Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, Hollywood media have reported.
True, as it also came out during COVID if I'm not mistaken. But if parents were privy to this and made a conscious decision to avoid it then I understand. I didn't follow this one and don't remember too much press about it unlike the Buzz Lightyear movie

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

:huhldup:. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to release this movie in such a stacked June?

oof-old-man.gif

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they were so deadset on releasing this in June it would have been way more competitive next week when all that's out is that Jennifer Lawrence sex comedy.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

:huhldup:. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to release this movie in such a stacked June?

It just looks pointless and lazy. Just really fukkin cookie cutter. I think luca was the last time they're gonna get away with that because the movie itself had a lot of heart and the art style was familiar and nice.

elemental just looks lame tbh