“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
you can improve the team without getting a star.
I think that point is slept on in here.

All this stuff should have been entertained in da summer. It always takes something dramatic like a season ending injury, a bad loss with bad press, or a disgruntled player for these guys to even consider making a move lol.

I actually liked how we matched up with boston last year, i think we coulda gave em a serious run for their money if we made it to da conference finals.

Now it isnt even close and that was with Mitch lol

Once you guys realize how shytty da front office is, the happier you will be
You’re not wrong but it comes back to the fact the main goal the FO has….. Honestly that Dolan has always had….. is make the playoffs so they can raise ticket prices.

They aren’t going to risk not being good enough to be a playoff team to chase after being a great team. It’s a conservative approach to running a team but it’s their modus operandi. It’s also the same reason I don’t think they are chasing any big and will just do their best to survive until Sims comes back. The exception will be used on someone who gets waived or might just expire.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Becky getting cooked for this...

Brunson isn't a superstar though lol
We arent winning a chip with him as our best player. If anyone thinks otherwise, make up a fantasy knick championship contending team right now with brunson as our best player

And even tho this broad is probably just hating, anyone of us who watch knick games regularly know his height works against him at times. How many times a game does he drive da lane and get trapped with no where to go?

He can be a 1b but is probably better off as a 2. Very good player but he hasnt even made an allstar team yet lol

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps

Becky getting cooked for this...

Height is the least of the issues of why Brunson wouldn’t be considered a first option.

Honestly Brunson has the Melo problem.

Great scorer, okay playmaker, trash on defense (great charges tho), becomes a bit predictable on offense because:

1. he dribbles the life out of the ball
2. ironically because of his height.
3. His teammates are incredibly inconsistent leading to him over exerting himself on that end.
4. Thibs is extremely archaic with the offense, it becomes too simple to shut down iso basketball in the playoffs especially if you surround that player with others that can’t score consistently.

The biggest issue is, with the current roster how do you build around Brunson if you consider him 1a?

It’s too much work honestly.

Too many moving parts & hoping the players you need are actually available.

Lauri Markannen? Buddy Hield? Zach Lavine? Who is actually out there that we can get without giving up a lot and still be on track to potentially contend? Realistically I don’t see it.

We ran into the exact same problem with a better player in Melo but we’re gonna get it right with him? If we had a more flexible coach offensively & a front office that looked into utilizing the most out of their assets I’d be optimistic but all of this just feels like a big waste of time.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Height is the least of the issues of why Brunson wouldn’t be considered a first option.

Honestly Brunson has the Melo problem.

Great scorer, okay playmaker, trash on defense (great charges tho), becomes a bit predictable on offense because:

1. he dribbles the life out of the ball
2. ironically because of his height.
3. His teammates are incredibly inconsistent leading to him over exerting himself on that end.

The biggest issue is, with the current roster how do you build around Brunson if you consider him 1a?

It’s too much work honestly.

Too many moving parts & hoping the players you need are actually available.

Lauri Markannen? Buddy Hield? Zach Lavine? Who is actually out there that we can get without giving up a lot and still be on track to potentially contend? Realistically I don’t see it.

We ran into the exact same problem with a better player in Melo but we’re gonna get it right with him? If we had a more flexible coach offensively & a front office that looked into utilizing the most out of their assets I’d be optimistic but all of this just feels like a big waste of time.
This is simply the truth and it's no knock on Brunson cause i think we can all agree he has exceeded expectations.

But an 1A is puttin him in a class of the top 10 best players in da league lol and he's not that.

These are uncomfortable conversations for most ppl tho

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
If Lauri was actually available of course I think he would be perfect to put the Knicks over the top as a contender in the East but realistically OKC can outbid anybody and I think he makes OKC a title contender
Bingo.

Not to mention why would Danny try to trade with us again knowing the bullshyt that happened last summer when he could just have OKC hand him more assets with less hassle?

Another key factor against us, people don’t want to trade with us or want to heavy tax us.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
This is simply the truth and it's no knock on Brunson cause i think we can all agree he has exceeded expectations.

But an 1A is puttin him in a class of the top 10 best players in da league lol and he's not that.

These are uncomfortable conversations for most ppl tho
Yup & that’s why I don’t knock anybody in here with hope cuz that’s all you really have.

I mean on the flipside there’s no guarantee, anything could happen, maybe Jokic, Embiid, everybody who is a threat to us, gets season ending injuries, you never know.

But when you sit down and really just have a honest convo about Brunson and the team…

jadakiss-its.gif

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yup & that’s why I don’t knock anybody in here with hope cuz that’s all you really have.

I mean on the flipside there’s no guarantee, anything could happen, maybe Jokic, Embiid, everybody who is a threat to us, gets season ending injuries, you never know.

But when you sit down and really just have a honest convo about Brunson and the team…

jadakiss-its.gif
Kiss got a big dikk :salute: