“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Another season gone down da drain.
Without Mitch, i dont even see how we get out the first round..

I wish we woulda upgraded or atleast got more depth in da offseason, i seen this frontcourt injury shyt coming from a mile away lol
They came into the season with three defense oriented centers on the roster. Sims is out two weeks so I think they’ll just see if he can be the sub behind IHart when he gets back.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Bigs who fit the description:

BOS- Luke Kornet
MIL- Robin Lopez
PHI- Mo Bamba
ORL- Chuma Okeke & Goga Bitadze
CLE- Damian Jones & Tristan Thompson
MIA- Thomas Bryant
IND- Obi Toppin :troll:
BK- Harry Giles
TOR- Precious Achiuwa
CHI- Andre Drummond
WAS- Mike Muscala
DEN- DeAndre Jordan
OKC- Poku
SAC- Alex Len & Javale McGee
PHX- Bol Bol & Chimezie Metu
GS- Dario Saric
MEM- Bismack Biyombo
SA- Sandro Mamuleshkavili
DAL- Markieff Morris
UTA- Luka Samanic
I'd snatch McGee from Sacramento.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
Olynyk makes too much to fit under the exemption. You could offer Fournier but then Utah would have to throw something else in there and they don't have a small salary they wanna move.
I was under the impression you can combine it like trade exemptions.
I just knew it had to be an expiring deal.
welp

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Olynyk makes too much to fit under the exemption. You could offer Fournier but then Utah would have to throw something else in there and they don't have a small salary they wanna move.
Olynyk is a good idea.

They may just wait to see who is waived and add the best talent. In theory IHart, Sims, and Taj should be the center rotation if Mitch is gone.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Bigs who fit the description:

BOS- Luke Kornet
MIL- Robin Lopez
PHI- Mo Bamba
ORL- Chuma Okeke & Goga Bitadze
CLE- Damian Jones & Tristan Thompson
MIA- Thomas Bryant
IND- Obi Toppin :troll:
BK- Harry Giles
TOR- Precious Achiuwa
CHI- Andre Drummond
WAS- Mike Muscala
DEN- DeAndre Jordan
OKC- Poku
SAC- Alex Len & Javale McGee
PHX- Bol Bol & Chimezie Metu
GS- Dario Saric
MEM- Bismack Biyombo
SA- Sandro Mamuleshkavili
DAL- Markieff Morris
UTA- Luka Samanic
Precious would be great but a pipe dream. They already signed taj, watch them sign Nerlens too.

We never shouldve traded Duren. Was idiotic when it happened

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Mitch is damn near da main reason why we beat da cavs last year and his absence is da reason we lost to da hawks.

It would have been hard to pass the first round with him this year lol without him we are a much worse team.
Hartenstein is good fam. He’s not gonna make us as good on defense but our offense is way better with him starting. We would have beat the Cavs with him last year.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hartenstein is good fam. He’s not gonna make us as good on defense but our offense is way better with him starting. We would have beat the Cavs with him last year.
I-hart is dope. He's about to outplay his contract and knowing us, we will lose him for nothing. But we need both him and mitch for any type of playoff run.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I don’t know any of that shyt. :francis:

The point is stop being so damn pessimistic and let’s see what the front office cooks.

There is too much season left to talk that negative shyt when they are playing well atm without him.
im not trying to be negative brother
We can try to be positive and turn the blind eye,
but this is da reality of da situation.

We aint doing shyt long term without Mitch..Also randle and Brunson realistically aint playing 82 games either...there was very little room for error on this roster.

Now we are desperate and scrambling to find scraps. All of this coulda been avoided in da offseason. Its not like mitch doesn't get hurt and miss time every year...its not like Randle isnt coming off a surgery.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
im not trying to be negative brother
We can try to be positive and turn the blind eye,
but this is da reality of da situation.

We aint doing shyt long term without Mitch..Also randle and Brunson realistically aint playing 82 games either...there was very little room for error on this roster.

Now we are desperate and scrambling to find scraps. All of this coulda been avoided in da offseason. Its not like mitch doesn't get hurt and miss time every year...its not like Randle isnt coming off a surgery.
I feel you, but who’s the player who’s signing with the Knicks over the summer in hopes of getting playing time if one of the players in front of him get hurt? We had 3 capable centers. 2 got hurt within 2 weeks. Sitting here admonishing the Knicks for not carrying 4 starter worthy centers since August is unrealistic fam.