“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
:wow:
Big Perk trying to tell’em put some respect on Brunson’s motherfukking name.

He’s as good as Dame and Donovan Mitchell and it’s time these media people recognize it.
0 rings. 0 trips to the finals.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Literally had a game less than a week ago where KD & Booker were playing and Brunson was CLEARLY the best player on the floor
Had KD so :mindblown: he was calling him a future HoF after the game
I will stand no Brunson slander :scust:
The clip sounded crazy but they’re just arguing levels. How many chips can you recall where there wasn’t a top 10 guy on the roster? Brunson isn’t chump but he’s not one of THOSE guys. And frankly, the only times THAT GUY was under 6’4 were Steph and Isiah Thomas.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Same people on that very panel were going crazy over Dame this summer even though Brunson is better at this very moment
Dame didn’t go team up with Paolo Banchero or something. They did that cause he joined the third best player in the league and presumably can help put them back over the top. We’re losing the thread here.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The clip sounded crazy but they’re just arguing levels. How many chips can you recall where there wasn’t a top 10 guy on the roster? Brunson isn’t chump but he’s not one of THOSE guys. And frankly, the only times THAT GUY was under 6’4 were Steph and Isiah Thomas.
You could probably argue that it's gotta be a top-5 player with a top-20 or 30 guy behind him. Since 2015 the Finals MVPs have been
Bron (twice)
KD (twice)
Kawhi
Giannis
Curry
Jokic

Iguodala is the outlier in 2015, and was BS. Steph was the real MVP.

Then it's Kawhi, Bron, Dirk, and Kobe.

So it's even more limiting when we look at it that way. Though, I would argue that I don't think the "short guys don't win" thing is as relevant in the modern NBA. The rules have tilted so heavily toward ball-handlers that I think a player like Brunson, Ja, Mitchell or Fox can be the best player across any 7-game series (To Clarify: Not EVERY series, but any series...if they get hot, they can outscore and outplay ANYONE for 7 games).

My main marker for "can a short guy be THE guy" is efficiency. Has that player managed 25 PPG on 47% or higher across a season? It's fairly arbitrary, but basically, if you could round up a guard's shooting percentage to about 50% AND he's giving you 25 ppg a night, then I believe you have a championship-caliber first option.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
This rush to tear Brunson down is weird when he's exceeding all expectations ppl had when he got here.

Also if we're talking about the ceiling on this team. Let keep in mind, Brunson is not the All-NBA/All-Star who never shows up for a playoff series.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This rush to tear Brunson down is weird when he's exceeding all expectations ppl had when he got here.

Also if we're talking about the ceiling on this team. Let keep in mind, Brunson is not the All-NBA/All-Star who never shows up for a playoff series.
it says a lot that no one thinks the easiest solution to all this Randle showing up in the playoffs is a viable solution. It’s the lack of faith in him that really caps the Knicks ceiling.