“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel you, but who’s the player who’s signing with the Knicks over the summer in hopes of getting playing time if one of the players in front of him get hurt? We had 3 capable centers. 2 got hurt within 2 weeks. Sitting here admonishing the Knicks for not carrying 4 starter worthy centers since August is unrealistic fam.
We never replaced Obi with anyone.
Last year when mitch got hurt, we had more flexibility. It was stupid not to add another big body knowing Mitch always gets hurt and knowing Randle was coming off surgery.

Also Thibs doesnt trust sims at all.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I like the Olynyk idea. FanSpo's trade machine says Fournier for Olynyk works straight up, though we'd have to sweeten the pot.

I'd get Orlando on the phone to see which of their bigs are expendable. Tap the Clippers to see if they'll give us Mason Plumlee (pure backup, but he's big, athletic, and can pass well).

Marvin Bagley isn't an expiring, but maybe we could work something out using the Obi Toppin trade TPE instead of the injury exception. Then that injury money could be sitting to the side for when trade deadline waivers start going out...if we can use it that way. I'm not up on how injury exceptions work.

Edit: Is Jalen Smith getting no love in Indy? I always wanted to take a flier on that kid.

MalaKai

Luv is Luv
Daps
Reppin
#WeDemBoyz
So word is Mitch is out for the season. That being said I-Hart will be money. I wouldn't mind taking Beef-Stew off the Pistons hands....like many said, he's a natural fit for us like Oakley and Mason.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
MM Mitch is a loss but let's not overreact. iHart, Sims, and Taj can hold it down once Sims gets back.

Knicks still need to keep their eyes on the bigger picture and trading assets for a star. Then none of this sh*t with the center position matters.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
MM Mitch is a loss but let's not overreact. iHart, Sims, and Taj can hold it down once Sims gets back.

Knicks still need to keep their eyes on the bigger picture and trading assets for a star. Then none of this sh*t with the center position matters.
KAT, Lavine, or Derozan that's who's available. KAT is more end of the season when Minnesota needs to make a decision. Absolutely none of those players are helping us any further catching Bucks or Boston. Right now how Embiids playing we probably can't beat them either but jury still out. That star chasing bullshyt is ESPN stuff we need depth and need to use the damn draft picks. Draft at least 2 athletic 6'8 or 6'9 wings, drafting an actual backup powerfoward, and a center.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
KAT, Lavine, or Derozan that's who's available. KAT is more end of the season when Minnesota needs to make a decision. Absolutely none of those players are helping us any further catching Bucks or Boston. Right now how Embiids playing we probably can't beat them either but jury still out. That star chasing bullshyt is ESPN stuff we need depth and need to use the damn draft picks. Draft at least 2 athletic 6'8 or 6'9 wings, drafting an actual backup powerfoward, and a center.

The Knicks have depth. 10-11 deep. Currently a little thin at C because Mitch is out, but regardless... it doesn't make sense to shed valuable assets for a temporary center when those assets could be used for a championship piece.

Knicks haven't been this close to a championship roster since Ewing and Starks. They need to stay the course, stay patient, and stick to the script.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The superteam era is slowly dying and it accelerated when Denver won that title.
you can improve the team without getting a star.
I think that point is slept on in here.

All this stuff should have been entertained in da summer. It always takes something dramatic like a season ending injury, a bad loss with bad press, or a disgruntled player for these guys to even consider making a move lol.

I actually liked how we matched up with boston last year, i think we coulda gave em a serious run for their money if we made it to da conference finals.

Now it isnt even close and that was with Mitch lol

Once you guys realize how shytty da front office is, the happier you will be

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
you can improve the team without getting a star.
I think that point is slept on in here.

All this stuff should have been entertained in da summer. It always takes something dramatic like a season ending injury, a bad loss with bad press, or a disgruntled player for these guys to even consider making a move lol.

I actually liked how we matched up with boston last year, i think we coulda gave em a serious run for their money if we made it to da conference finals.

Now it isnt even close and that was with Mitch lol

Once you guys realize how shytty da front office is, the happier you will be
:salute: Finally someone with good sense and a big ass dikk, too I might add.